Snowskating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowskating?

the one thing I love more than guitar is skateboarding, so recently I've been intrigued about this somewhat new phenomenon of snow skating. I've been snowboarding only a few times but really think that I want to try this out. anybody have any experience with snow skating?

You mean that's like skating or rollerblading (or whatever you youngsters seem to call it nowadays) but with snowboards on both feet? Considerably smaller boards that would be...
    Eeeehm no, I do have experience with snowshoeing, ya know with them tennisrackets tied to yr shoes. I guess if the bottoms of those were to be slick like a snowboard that'd be fun. Like skiing, but... more hazardous to your pelvis. So... more fun, basically.

Please clarify coz I'm just guessing here...
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I'm very confused, but going snowboarding in VT this weekend...yeah!

Comment

Guess you mean a skateboard with no wheels? Or a small snowboard without bindings, like this;
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbSl_5wgqd0
        Last edited by Olav; 01-27-2010, 02:18 PM. Reason: need to learn to spell
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

snowskating can be fun if you buy some really gnarly expensive one

i've heard wakeskating is way more fun, but it's also way more expensive of a hobby
          Originally posted by metalchurch
          I had my ball sack appraised one time.
          Originally posted by metalchurch
          ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

this springs to mind

When I was learning 'langlaufen' or crosscountry skiing there was this special class for those that wanted to learn to 'skate'. Kids (mostly, coz that looked really tough) were using their längdåkningsskidor or Xcountry skis as if they were ice skates, the way you see the athletes do in the Olympics and whatnot. The athletes do that to get uphill and accelerate, them kids used their skis as if they were ice skates, achieving enormous speeds. Must have been as tough as it looked though coz every day there'd be less kids attending.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Working...
            X