Anyone have an ARK....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an ARK....

they're not using. We're getting poured on at the moment. Weather bunnies say this could be the most rainfall in one day "EVER" for Phoenix. We will probably get more rain today than we have received in the entire 3+ years that I've been out here. My pool is up about 4 inches already and by noon I'm pretty sure it'll spilling its guts out.

Supposed to drive to Tempe to look at a guitar, but me no think so, unless I bring a couple of acoustics to use as oars....

My son in Flagstaff has it worse. They are in line for 30 to 40 inches of snow after 8" on Monday and I think another 6" yesterday. Might have to take a road trip this weekend and do some skiing.

I hate washout days like that, but at least you aren't stuck up here in the Northeast. I live 3 blocks from the beach and it is officially bitch-ass cold and windy!

Speaking of skiing, I'm picking up a new snowboard set today! Can't wait to hit the slopes.

Comment

I got a canoo. You're welcome to it.

Oh! And boohoo, my pool is flooded? C'mooooooon...
      va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
      Originally posted by chilton
      Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
      www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

hahahahah, burn!

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
          they're not using. We're getting poured on at the moment. Weather bunnies say this could be the most rainfall in one day "EVER" for Phoenix. We will probably get more rain today than we have received in the entire 3+ years that I've been out here. My pool is up about 4 inches already and by noon I'm pretty sure it'll spilling its guts out.

Supposed to drive to Tempe to look at a guitar, but me no think so, unless I bring a couple of acoustics to use as oars....

My son in Flagstaff has it worse. They are in line for 30 to 40 inches of snow after 8" on Monday and I think another 6" yesterday. Might have to take a road trip this weekend and do some skiing.
          i was in tuscon in november with a friend of mine and he told me arizona gets dumped on 3 months a year,washout dumped on!looking around at the desert i found it unbelieveable!you have reaffirmed what my buddy has told me.another guitar huh crawdaddy?its ok i understand!!!!!lol!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
            i was in tuscon in november with a friend of mine and he told me arizona gets dumped on 3 months a year,washout dumped on!looking around at the desert i found it unbelievable!you have reaffirmed what my buddy has told me.another guitar huh crawdaddy?its ok i understand!!!!!lol!!!!!
            Your buddy was talking about the Monsoons from July to September. Those are hit and miss though. When a monsoon does hit though, batten down the hatches. They only last an hour or so, but you can get 2 to 3 inches of rain in that hour along with 50 to 60 mph winds. An hour later and the suns out.

We don't get many monsoons where I live (I think we're protected by the White Tank mountains about 1 mile west of us), but the east and south valley get pummeled.

I'll be in Chicago next week, so I hope your planning on offering up some nice warm weather. HaHa, I saw about 30 degrees for highs. Lucky me, I get to visit the Joliet area.

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
              I got a canoo. You're welcome to it.

Oh! And boohoo, my pool is flooded? C'mooooooon...
              Now that's funny!!!

Comment

Well it took long than I thought, but my entire back yard is one with the pool. Been pouring rain for 16 hours non stop and they say it isn't going to stop until Saturday.

All the retention ponds in our subdivision are completely sated, filled to the topermost. By morning, I'm sure the streets out of the subdivision will be flooded.

My wifes school is closed for a rain day tomorrow.

Man this is incredible.... Time to crank 'er up.

Comment

Working...
                X