First Album/Tape/CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Album/Tape/CD

What the first music you got as a young child, obviously mom and dad most likely funded it ... I got Kiss - Alive in first grade on LP.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

i got two...it was my birthday

from my dad i got hybrid theory by linkin park
    from my mom i got KILL EM ALL by Metallica

yeah, Im a mommas boy

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
      i got two...it was my birthday

from my dad i got hybrid theory by linkin park
      from my mom i got KILL EM ALL by Metallica

yeah, Im a mommas boy
      Mom and Kill 'em All .. gotta laugh
      I started this thread at the other forum (J/C) also if you want to check out some others ...
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Might have been DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Wham or Alvin and the Chimpmunks Christmas (if we're counting back like that).

As for guitar stuff, I think Def Lep Hysteria or Anthrax State of Euphoria.

Comment

Unfortunately when I was a kid, we didn't purchase many albums. I think they cost $3 or $4 at the time.

I remember buying a couple of Beatles records, but not sure which ones, could have been "P.S. I Love You" or "Love Me Do". Doesn't matter, I was hooked.

My uncle bought me the "Introducing the Beatles" for my birthday in '64. I didn't have a record player to play it on so I didn't unseal it. In the late '60's I bought an AM/FM record player (Sivertone) and started buying albums from then on, 45's became frisbees at this point. Pretty stupid. The first album I bought was (and I still own it) "Sgt Pepper".

Back to the first album I owned. I sold it in the late '90's for an outrageous amount of money. I wish I still had it though, as it was one of the original albums on the VeeJay label that were mono.

It was still sealed when I sold it.

Comment

1st cd: beatles-yellow submarine
            1st tape: metallica-kill 'em all
            Originally posted by metalchurch
            I had my ball sack appraised one time.
            Originally posted by metalchurch
            ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

First vinyl album i was given was "the muppet show " soundtrack!! ( still got it )

First single was the Ghostbusters theme!!

First i bought myself was number of the beast and nevermind,

\m/

Comment

I remember the soundtrack to 'Grease the movie' to be the first album I was given for a birthday. First album I bought myself was Blackfoot - Highwaysong Live. Later on I traded that for Venom - Welcome To Hell. Stupid kid...
                First single I bought was John Lennon - Imagine, no! I fib; it was Dan Hartman - Relight My Fire, the weekend after that I got Imagine.
                va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                Originally posted by chilton
                Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

1976 Kiss-Destroyer. Loved rock ever since...
                  Last edited by saltysidedown; 09-09-2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

album #1 iron butterfly in a gadda da vida
                    album #2 more of the monkees
                    album#3 styx the grand illusion
                    album#4 black sabbath paranoid still listening to them,but only on my ipod!

Comment

The first LP I ever bought was "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player" by Elton John. In 1974(I think).
                      I was a huge Elton John Band fan, the bassist, Dee Murray(RIP), was my inspiration to take up the bass in 1976. I now own one of his basses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Bass View Post
                        The first LP I ever bought was "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player" by Elton John. In 1974(I think).
                        I was a huge Elton John Band fan, the bassist, Dee Murray(RIP), was my inspiration to take up the bass in 1976. I now own one of his basses.
                        His signiture bass or one that was actually his ?

Comment

My first ever: Pink Floyd: Meddle
                          Second: CSNY
                          Third: Mike Oldfield: ommadawn

Comment

First album was: Deep Purple "In Rock".
                            Second was: Eagles "Greatest hits compilation"
                            Third: I bought a bunch of them!!!
                            "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X