Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be reincarnated...

as a Fender employee......

I found the holy grail yesterday.. and believe it or not, it is an office building in Scottsdale, AZ that contains Fender corporate offices.

My buddy Chris has a friend who plays locally and is fairly well known here in the valley. He is a great blues guitarist and has put out a couple of CD's. Well, he also works for Fender...what a fucking job.

I'm not exaggerating when I say every office had at least 6 guitars and 3 or 4 amps in them. I got a quick tour of the offices and the guitars on pedestals in glass enclosures were phenomenal. The art work on the walls was incredible. It looked like they have a small employee store to purchase fender items at a discount, unfortunately it wasn't open yesterday. This one dudes office (I think he was an important person, not sure though) was about 20x30 with shit loads of guitars, basses, amps, anything that Fender sells.

The employees take breaks by plugging in and playing tunes, great way to relive stress, though I didn't see any there.

There was a band there (we were talking to their driver) and for the life of me, I can't remember their name, but they were there checking out equipment, how cool.

I'm still on a high a day later, I've been to the mountain top, my life is complete.

By the way, if you like blues, see if you can find any "Chuck Hall Band" on youtube.

Gotta go buy another strat!!!!!
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM.

You may have to change your signiture to "resident of the racial profiling state" ..... sounds like one of those rare moments in life; glad you have that Fender visit to cherrish.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Thanks, and the new law is not really that big of a deal.

Chuck is going to work on a personal tour of the factory in Corona later this year.

Unfortunately I left the camera in the car on Friday, but we did manage one photo at the entrance to the building.
      Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X