How's your hearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your hearing?

Clicketyclick for a hardly scientific way to test your hearing. What's the highest pitch you could actually HEAR?
    12kHz
    14.29%
    15kHz
    42.86%
    16kHz
    28.57%
    17kHz
    0.00%
    17.4kHz
    14.29%
    18kHz
    0.00%
    19kHz
    0.00%
    20kHz
    0.00%
    21kHz
    0.00%
    22kHz
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

I got 30year old hearing, for now...
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I'm in the 15 range, my cat could hear some of the higher ones.
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I could hear the 14khz but you don't have it listed. 2 Minutes later and I can still hear it ringing in my ears..probably not a good thing.

My dog really perked up at about 17khz
        Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-03-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I hear 15kHz, the 16kHz is more like pressure on the eardrums. I really thought I would have been able to hear at least till 17 or 18kHz
          crawdad; I guess I figured wrong about you guys. That's why I used the 10 options the way I did. On AGF, where I found this there's guys claiming to get the 20kHz with speakers on full blast... Mebbe ah shudda thunk it ovah a bit hardah, huh?
          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Oh! and OOPS! What I put as 12kHz should have read 14kHz...
            Typo!
            No... Dumb-ass!
            mebbe jess can fix it goooood? so it says 14 instead of 12?
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

At least I know my wife is lying when she tells me I'm deaf and never hear a word that she is saying!!!

Comment

I could hear 15 kHZ.

My hearing is strange - if all is quiet, I can hear quite a distance. I was in a jury pool and there were some questions that each prospective juror had to approach the bench to answer in privacy. I could hear everything and had to move. The bailiff didn't believe me at first.

If there is any background noise, forget it. In noisy clubs when I was younger I couldn't even carry on a conversation.

Comment

Anthony; you work with woodworking machines right? Other large petrol or diesel driven macinery too? That might be the cause. In Netherlands we call this condition machinedoof, machinedeaf. I have the same thing. I can hear a pin drop at 40 leagues (whatever that means, you get the picture), I can hear ants mating in the grass so to speak. But when I'm in a restaurant or in a bar and there's a ceilingfan or a large fridge, I can hardly understand what my companion is saying. All I'll get is the drone from that fan or that fridge. I shoulda listened when they lold me to wear hearing protection driving tractors years ago. This condition won't improve either.
                  Crawdaddaaaaay; with you it's different, you probably have what we call OostIndisch doof; tricky to translate but it comes down to your hearing what you wanna hear and instantly turning stone deaf when you're hearing something for the gaz-illionth time. It's a medical condition, look it up. (got yr back buddy)
                  www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

After the diagnosing of our ear conditions, I think we are going to have to start calling you "The Good Doctor".

Patient: Doctor my leg hurts, what should I Do???
                    Doctor Olav: Limp.

Sorry my mind wanders in 50,000 different directions sometimes and I just write what pops into it.

Will telling my wife I have "OostIndisch doof" get me out of my assigned household chores??? That was funny. Thanks

Comment

17.4khz, and I'm 34...not too bad, I probably should have been playing more live shows.

Comment

Working...
                      X