Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSA Paint / Killer Can

Anyone ever try ALSA's stuff?

I'm about to work on the Jazzmaster I snagged and I'm intrigued by the "Mystic" paint scheme.

I have a funny feeling I'm going to be the guinea pig on this one.

https://alsacorp.com/

No I havent tried that brand yet, but I did use color shift paint before. It basically just has alot of pearl in it. As usual, several light coats as opposed to heavy ones will keep it from running so easy, which it will if youre not careful.

Its probably best to spray a test piece to see how its gonna turn out.
    Usually a Silver or Black base is what youll want to use depending on the shade you want. Silver and Gold will give a brighter finish.
    You can try white, or even blue or green as your base color for different shades and effects from the light.

What are you painting?
    We're non-profit.
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Comment

That looks really good. I'm trying to think of what I have that I could use this for. I love this kind of flashy paint.

Comment

These guys are having a sale on finishes:

http://www.guitarpaintguys.com/mistint.html
        Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
          That looks really good. I'm trying to think of what I have that I could use this for. I love this kind of flashy paint.
          Reminds me of your bike!
          I like the Pearl Tropical, has me tossing around ideas too. I want to to a matching headstock but I need to decide on color..
          We're non-profit.
          Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Comment

Yikes, $50 for one aerosol bottle. That is spendy.

Comment

I'd been researching Alsa back in 2009 or so, they make a finish that is really close to Desert Sun Yellow. Their Chrome is NUTS too. They seem to make good stuff, but I never pulled the trigger.....I instead went with pro done swirl finishes. If you try their stuff let us know how it goes!
              Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by IbanezGuy View Post
                I'd been researching Alsa back in 2009 or so, they make a finish that is really close to Desert Sun Yellow. Their Chrome is NUTS too. They seem to make good stuff, but I never pulled the trigger.....I instead went with pro done swirl finishes. If you try their stuff let us know how it goes!
                Whoa! You're on. Good to see you.

I too would be interested. If they're a good product, $50 for a can isn't horrible.

Comment

Whoa! You're on. Good to see you.

I too would be interested. If they're a good product, $50 for a can isn't horrible.
                  Lol! Yeah, I got a spot in my "man cave" cleared out for my laptop to sit on.....I got my speakers hooked up and I'm cranking VH's "Top Jimmy". Life is good!!!

I'd second Conley's recommendation....those Guitar Paint Guys have a sale going on using shades they are trying to use up. There is a TON of sweet colors on there....all done professionally (cleared, buffed and everything) for $170! That's a steal!
                  Mustaine: He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like Buckethead… Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by IbanezGuy View Post
                    Lol! Yeah, I got a spot in my "man cave" cleared out for my laptop to sit on.....I got my speakers hooked up and I'm cranking VH's "Top Jimmy". Life is good!!!

I'd second Conley's recommendation....those Guitar Paint Guys have a sale going on using shades they are trying to use up. There is a TON of sweet colors on there....all done professionally (cleared, buffed and everything) for $170! That's a steal!
                    I'm missing it, where did you see $170?

Comment

http://www.guitarpaintguys.com/specials.html

Try that URL. It has the pricing listed.
                      Good Deals on LGT with:
                      Jesse
                      mdrorick
                      lefthandhunter
                      Mr.9 Fingers
                      theplystory
                      abadonae
                      LeftyParasite
                      Lefty6string
                      espfreak
                      IbanezGuy

Comment

So I went ahead and ordered the Mystic - Burning Ice can.

We'll see how it goes!

Comment

Awesome! Let us know how it turns out!

On Saturday I am flying back home and then driving to Nashville. If I have time I am going to try to ship out the unfinished body I have. If not, I am going to bring it with me and ship it out when I can because not only do I want to get that project moving, I also don't want to miss the sale.
                          Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

Comment

So I’m having issues with my order.

It claims it was an offline CC process, but nothing has been charged to my CC and there’s nothing being shipped.

Fair enough, but I’ve emailed four times and they’re saying it’s in the shipping phase.

Comment

I'm missing it, where did you see $170?
                              Sorry for the late reply Ben, that sale is probably over now, but it was on their website.

Comment

Working...
                              X