Will a OFR fit in a Fender strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a OFR fit in a Fender strat?

so i recently obtained a Fender strat for free and i have an OFR laying around and was wondering if it will fit?? i thought all you had to do was drill post holes but im not sure.
    HUCK
    Marshall AVT Valvestate 200(275watt)

If you are going to top mount, it might be possible with minimal modification. You're gonna have an Iron Maiden Strat! Aweeeessoooommmeee

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      If you are going to top mount, it might be possible with minimal modification. You're gonna have an Iron Maiden Strat! Aweeeessoooommmeee
      I though the Maiden Strat had a recessed Floyd?

Comment

no recess. it looks pretty cool to me,cant wait to get mine done
        HUCK

Comment

Either it'll be a bit of routing for a dive-only flat mount one or a lot of routing for a recessed floating one.

Comment

im not reccessing it,floating trems arent my fav,im just gonna have it flat mounted.
            HUCK

Comment

I really only dive bomb anyway, although I do little the twitter sound of a floating trem.

Comment

You can get a Tremol-No and set it to dive-only or hardtail when your'e not using the trem for more sustain + compound bends staying in tune. Great invention those!

Comment

how!! those Tremol-No are sweet! iv never seen those. ill definitly look into that!
                  HUCK

Comment

The guy who invented them, Kevan posts on SS.org (where I was recruited) and it's been great to watch his product really take off and become popular. They're wonderful bits of kit and well worth having a look at.

I don't use the bars on my Floyds that much (although it is fun) so both my guitars are in hardtail about 80% of the time, and the best thing is it takes about 3 seconds to change it back to full floating. Only negative is they've crept up in price gradually this last 12 months. The videos on YouTube do a better job of explaining how it works than I can.

Comment

but what is the differnce between the normal,large and small?
                      HUCK

Comment

http://www.tremol-no.com/workswith.asp

Comment

Working...
                        X