Could use some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some advice

Here's my list of gear and also the goal I have in mind. I have an Ibanez prestige 1570 and I play through a fender gdec 30 watt. I love the amp it has a wonderful selection of jam tracks and amp models. The amp only has 30 seconds of record time and I hate trying to loop with it theres no way to adjust start and stop time to make the loop perfect. Im not interested in using a pc to record and am looking for advice. Is theres some kind of device that I can loop or record a 3 minute track I was also hoping it would have a drum machine . Just figured I would ask it might be a simple answer just not looking to break the bank. I would just like to be able to record more then 30 seconds, be able to save tracks, and possibly have a drum machine.

Originally posted by bimmer525i View Post
    Here's my list of gear and also the goal I have in mind. I have an Ibanez prestige 1570 and I play through a fender gdec 30 watt. I love the amp it has a wonderful selection of jam tracks and amp models. The amp only has 30 seconds of record time and I hate trying to loop with it theres no way to adjust start and stop time to make the loop perfect. Im not interested in using a pc to record and am looking for advice. Is theres some kind of device that I can loop or record a 3 minute track I was also hoping it would have a drum machine . Just figured I would ask it might be a simple answer just not looking to break the bank. I would just like to be able to record more then 30 seconds, be able to save tracks, and possibly have a drum machine.

Check out the digitech Jamman it has some simple drum loops
    plus Store over 35 minutes of stereo, CD-Quality loops in 200 internal memories

Comment

The Digitech Jamman XT ($149 USD) is a great little looper pedal. I've tinkered with it and it has some very cool features.

For looping, practicing and making multitrack recordings on a budget, without using a PC, it's hard to beat the Tascam DP-008EX (also $149 USD). How they can make and sell this hardware recorder for less that $150 baffles me! IMO, I think you will get a lot more use out of something like this compared to a straight looper pedal if creating and jamming and recording for later use is your main goal.

Sweetwater - Tascam DP-008EX

The drum machine is a little harder to recommend. Really depends on what kind of sounds you're after, amount of configuration you want with the beats etc, and naturally, how much you're willing to spend.

A cheap and modest laptop (a used one thats a few years old would be fine) would be a much better platform IMO to do what you want (looping, drums tracks, saving, etc, etc..) but if you want to stay away from a PC and keep the cost low, the Tascam is my recommendation.
      My bands website: www.PenroseBand.com
      FB: www.Facebook.com/Official.Penrose

Comment

Any particular reason you're not interested in using a computer? It's kind of the easiest/most versatile way to go for what you're after.

Comment

^ this
          Originally posted by metalchurch
          I had my ball sack appraised one time.
          Originally posted by metalchurch
          ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

I've had a computer setup for recording and jamming and I enjoy it I think im looking for something more dedicated. Currently I dont have internet nor plan on getting it. my jamming area is quite small so having something small I can setup easily and plug and play then shove back into the corner. I appreciate all the help guys. Not quite sure what my plan is hehe but ill take all the help

Comment

No... internet... what means this? Oxygen, water, internet. Pretty sure they're equally essential.

Comment

Wait...aren't we on the internet right now?
                I like pointy guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                  Wait...aren't we on the internet right now?

Comment

Working...
                  X