New Tremolo Design Lefty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tremolo Design Lefty

New temolo I'm working on. Rout square hole 2.9" x 2.5" inches and drop in.

Press fit into cavity.

Rotating cylinder with strings through the cylinder.

Stationary sustain block against the wood for a fixed bridge sound. Very few moving parts.

If this works I have an idea to make a tailpiece tremolo. You could pop it in in place of the tailpiece on a Les Paul without routing the guitar.

I hope it works out for you, but as a precaution, don't show too much until you have a patent. You know there are many unscrupulous people out there in the wild just waiting to stalk on your ideas.

Comment

Thanks, good advice.

I'm hoping to get it fabbed up pretty soon.

Comment

Anthony, I'll send you a PM on another idea.
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I like this idea. Seriously. I would build a guitar specifically to use this trem setup.

I have an idea for a trem based on Dr. Brian May's knife edge setup.

Your idea works on sort of the same principle.

Anyway, let me know if you need a guitar built for one of your trems, I'd be honored to build you a prototype guitar for your trem setup!!!

Comment

Actually, I've approached a couple of machinists who have not ....taken the ball and run with it.

I have the full manufacturing plans developed. So if anyone knows anybody - I'd be interested.

I was using Kahlers, but they need to be recessed to sound good. And if you recess them too much the saddle holders interfere with the cam.

This tremolo could also be easily converted to a fixed bridge by removing the springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony7 View Post
              Actually, I've approached a couple of machinists who have not ....taken the ball and run with it.

I have the full manufacturing plans developed. So if anyone knows anybody - I'd be interested.

I was using Kahlers, but they need to be recessed to sound good. And if you recess them too much the saddle holders interfere with the cam.

This tremolo could also be easily converted to a fixed bridge by removing the springs.
              Ok you have really sparked my interest... Could you set your bridge up to use these saddles? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electron...l?keyword=5443

I have no interest in stealing your design whatsoever. I don't have metal machining capabilities. I can, however, build guitar bodies. I'm gonna PM you.

Comment

Working...
              X