Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help selecting a wiring harness for a build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help selecting a wiring harness for a build.

I'm building a single hum single vol guitar. From my understanding the pickup connects to the POT which then connects to the input jack. This is all I know. What do I need to buy to make this happen? I'll be using a passive Duncan JB pickup in the bridge.

Clarify for me - what do you have? Nothing for the project? What is it going into? Are you coil tapping?

Theoretically you're simply going to need your jack, and whatever value pot you'd like to add to it. Probably a 500k. I like audio taper on pickups.

Comment

Clarify for me - what do you have? Nothing for the project? What is it going into? Are you coil tapping?

Theoretically you're simply going to need your jack, and whatever value pot you'd like to add to it. Probably a 500k. I like audio taper on pickups.

Comment

Sorry Ben never responded on this, I've got a single hum single vol guitar. no coil tapping. I just need a pickup, vol, and wire to get the two connected and to the input jack. i don't know which wiring or pot to buy, other than a 500k pot.

Comment

Probably just buy a premade kit if you don't want to mess with wiring. It is the easiest wiring job you could do, though, so its worth trying.

Buy an audio taper pot - it will read A500k. Then some wire. Just grab a bit of 16 gauge or so at Harbor Freight. If you want to get fancy, allparts, reverb, guitarelectronics.com will have everything you need. It is spendy to buy it all piece by piece.

I can check and see if I have the stuff you need.

Comment

Probably just buy a premade kit if you don't want to mess with wiring. It is the easiest wiring job you could do, though, so its worth trying.

Buy an audio taper pot - it will read A500k. Then some wire. Just grab a bit of 16 gauge or so at Harbor Freight. If you want to get fancy, allparts, reverb, guitarelectronics.com will have everything you need. It is spendy to buy it all piece by piece.

I can check and see if I have the stuff you need.

Comment

Thanks for the help! And yeah I have absolutely no idea where to begin, gotta find out the pot shaft size I guess too

Comment

Unless your guitar is weird they're all the same.

Comment

Should I just order the Seymour Duncan then?

Comment

Yeah. There is no reason this will be hard.

Comment

Thanks! Hit me up on facebook I think we have each other added, I get alerts there for messages. I can provide any info or pics you need and an address, and also can give you my venmo account and you can request a price you think would be reasonable

Comment

Working...
                      X