Warmoth Guitar Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Guitar Bodies

On the Warmoth bodies, I like the star body but it is not as "aggressive" as I want it to be. I want to to kinda look like a Jackson Warrior or a Ibanez Xiphos kind of aggressive. Do you think I can ask them to make it look like a warrior or a xiphos or just to cut it myself?
    Go Jackson

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Originally posted by guambomb832 View Post
    On the Warmoth bodies, I like the star body but it is not as "aggressive" as I want it to be. I want to to kinda look like a Jackson Warrior or a Ibanez Xiphos kind of aggressive. Do you think I can ask them to make it look like a warrior or a xiphos or just to cut it myself?
    A guy on the dutch board I frequent had multiple guitars made by Warmoth, he says they'll do just about anything, just need to get them on the phone. What is your location?
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Im pretty sure they'll do it, you just have to send them a life size sketch or cutout of exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
        Hi and welcome to the forum.

A guy on the dutch board I frequent had multiple guitars made by Warmoth, he says they'll do just about anything, just need to get them on the phone. What is your location?
        I live in Houston, Texas
        Go Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
          Im pretty sure they'll do it, you just have to send them a life size sketch or cutout of exactly what you want.
          Yea but going through all the trouble just to contact them and have them alter one of their star guitar bodies, I think I can cut it myself. I mean, if its a solid body, it shouldn't leave a gaping hole where I cut it right?
          Go Jackson

Comment

if youre getting it unfinished it's simple to just sand down the edges.
            I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me...

Comment

I'll sell you my Warrior mutt when I get back to the states..there are pics in my Thread in the "southpaw showroom".. I never got it to innotate properly, I think the Jackson neck was too long or somthing ..any way I'd be willing to let it go cheap if you are interested.

Comment

Not to be a bogart.. But i maybe interested in your warrior mutt hero.
                GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by coolwaver View Post
                  Not to be a bogart.. But i maybe interested in your warrior mutt hero.
                  well I'm thinkin of letting it go for $100-150, keep in mind it wont innotate properly but its got a Floyd Rose II on it and an EMG-81 in the bridge and EMG-60 in the neck. Its in storage right now, I'll have to give you a full rundown some other time I guess.

Comment

Get the star unfinished with all the cavities/controls/bridge routed, the shaped heel e.t.c. It shouldn't be too much work to make it pointy. For reference, well, here's some inspiration:

Comment

well I'm thinkin of letting it go for $100-150, keep in mind it wont innotate properly but its got a Floyd Rose II on it and an EMG-81 in the bridge and EMG-60 in the neck. Its in storage right now, I'll have to give you a full rundown some other time I guess.

Hero, Keep me posted on what you are going to do with it?

You can always PM me with more info.
                      GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

Comment

I'll sell you my Warrior mutt when I get back to the states..there are pics in my Thread in the "southpaw showroom".. I never got it to innotate properly, I think the Jackson neck was too long or somthing ..any way I'd be willing to let it go cheap if you are interested.

To whomever winds up with this guitar, I can get it to intonate properly!!!

Honestly if you have the capabilities to cut your own body, why not order a blank from them (Warmoth) If you have a router and some skills you don't even need them to pre rout the neck pocket and other holes! I think they are a little too pricey unless you are into the exotic woods they offer. You can easily get $5-600 wrapped up in just a Warmoth body!
                        Last edited by theklanch; 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I must put in a good word for the people at USACG . They do very nice work and will work with you . Give them a look see .

Comment

Working...
                          X