Spalted Maple Iceman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spalted Maple Iceman

Here is a few pics of the guitar from my painter; I build but stink at painting.

This one is for one of our forum members. My camera stinks, the paint job is beautiful in person. I still need to do final buffing, fretboard cleaning and oiling, assembly and set up.

Spalted maple makes me feel like I'm insane ... must find my pills ...
    Vote ~! GOM
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

its not finished yet, save it for GOM

Comment

Cool looking guitar. The fret board near the neck joint looks super wide. At first, I thought the guitar was a 7-string. I had to count the tuning head holes to make sure it was only a 6.

joe...

Comment

I know what I'll be voting for next month lol! NICE.

Comment

Cool looking guitar. The fret board near the neck joint looks super wide. At first, I thought the guitar was a 7-string. I had to count the tuning head holes to make sure it was only a 6.

joe...

It is somewhat of an illusion - the guitar is a 3/4 scale body, about 11" x 17". There definitely is room to bend, though.

Comment

Assembled!!

Comment

Wow~! Congratulations ~! I'm gonna be sick ...
                Sorry spalted make me motion sick ... kiddin'
                That's one of a kind for sure gonna be up next month for GOM
                Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

The customer received it and loves it.

After I fine-tuned it Friday, I played it for ... awhile.

The sustain was incredible. I think it's the smaller, but thick body (1-15/16"). I also use long-shaft pots and do not route the control cavity deep - maybe that helped it. Tone was fantastic.

The customer is a forum member, maybe he'll chime in with a review.

It's a good feeling. I'm the only lefty guitar player I know, so no one has been able to demo my previous builds.

Comment

is that the hipshot bridge?

i have it on my vee and the corner of it really digs into my hand when i'm palm muting

how'd it hold up for you?
                    Originally posted by metalchurch
                    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
                    Originally posted by metalchurch
                    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

I only played it for two and a half hours before shipping it out and I really liked it. I didn't find any issues with it.
                      I tried to set the neck so the saddles would not have the allen screws popping through and you could clear the edges. That may have helped. I could see where there might be issues with a guitar where the fretboard is right at 1/4" or a little less higher than the body surface.

I think it is a little pricey for what it is. I liked it enough to make it the standard on all of my fixed bridge builds. The sound and sustain I got out of this guitar were pretty amazing.

Comment

nice ice!does it play like butter?what did you throw in for the bridge pickup?

Comment

It played pretty good, nice low action - great sustain.

I stuck a Bill Lawrence L-500XL with a Q-filter in it. Accept no substitute.

I am losing to a Kramer in the Guitar of the Month Poll. Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony7 View Post
                            It played pretty good, nice low action - great sustain.

I stuck a Bill Lawrence L-500XL with a Q-filter in it. Accept no substitute.

I am losing to a Kramer in the Guitar of the Month Poll. Darn.
                            no shame in that

what's a Q filter?

Comment

It's an inductor run in parallel to ground with the pick up. The tone control is set up as a voltage divider. As you turn it down it makes a humbucker sound like a single coil and all points in between.

HOt humbucker - PAFish - Hot single coil - Neck Single coil.

The onlt sound you can't really approximate is the P-90 sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X