My Warmoth PRS- "Rosewood" build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Warmoth PRS- "Rosewood" build

A fellow lefty sent me a message asking about building with Warmoth parts that I mentioned in a post at another site. Since there is so little available for lefties by comparison, I figured I would post it for anybody else who's interested in building their own. I've built a few for myself, and I've built some righties for friends. I finish/paint them myself, but for a couple hundred more, Warmoth does good finishing work too.

This is a PRS-style, Mahogany body with flame maple cap, rosewood neck with ziricote fretboard and stainless frets. Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge, SH1-'59 in the neck, Planet Waves self-locking tuners.
    I can't stress enough the value you get for your money doing this yourself. This complete guitar cost about $1100 to build. PRS has a model like this with a rosewood neck, but theirs is $7000. (I am aware however that I am not PRS, but I built mine before they came out with theirs)
    Attached Files
    I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me...

Ahh..lik...pointy ...n ... round ... good man ...
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I LOVE the Ziracote fretboard. It's one of the woods I'm looking at for my next 7 because I want something slightly different looking.

Comment

That looks fantastic. Congrats, I'm sure that your is as nice as or better than the PRS version that they probably stole from you!!!!

Comment

Speaking of Warmoth, I was jonesing today for a Warmoth V2 (the Rhoads copy). I might pull the trigger if I sell some non-music related stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Speaking of Warmoth, I was jonesing today for a Warmoth V2 (the Rhoads copy). I might pull the trigger if I sell some non-music related stuff.
            Good taste- that's the one I was considering building next!
            I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me...

Comment

Working...
            X