Lefty Guitars Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty Guitars Available

It looks like I'll be offering lefty guitars (see my Iceman thread).

Basic specs:

1) 24.5" scale
    2) Mahogany Neck w/ Bocote fretboard and bone nut
    3) Set Neck
    4) Black Limba Back (One-piece)
    5) Maple top (I have flamed now)
    6) 3/4 Scale body (that is how I get the one-piece black limba, I can't find it
    larger than 12"W)
    7) Wilkinson EZ-Lok Tuners
    8) Kahler Tremolo or Flat-mount Bridge.

Body styles: Iceman, Strat (Ish), SG (ish), Mockingbird

Professional Cat Urethane Paint Job.

Build time - 8 weeks

If the customer supplies pick ups and bridge, ~$900. PM me if interested.

Any pictures of mockingbirds? I like the sound of that brother...

Comment

I should have a sample this weekend of the body with plain maple and african mahogany

Comment

Actually I'v been dying to start one since I drew up the plans a month ago.

Comment

how about a destroyer? if i could send you a template would you do it?
          Originally posted by metalchurch
          I had my ball sack appraised one time.
          ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

No problem on the Destroyer.

BTW, GOOD CHOICE. I don't know why, but I greatly prefer the Destroyer to the Explorer. Maybe it's the name - I guess pillaging appeals to me. If your going to explore, you might as well pillage and destroy. Eric the Red trumps Magellan. My one complaint with the moon landing: We should have strip-mined while we were there.

My painter Chris has been bugging me to do one.

You could just send me a JPEG that I can trace in AutoCAD.

The back would have to be two-piece African Mahogany. There is no way I could find Korina large enough to do a destroyer. Unless you could paypal me an arm and a leg.

Comment

Anthony:

Do you do refins? I have a guitar that I'm thinking I want to go from BLACK to some neon green finish.

joe...

Comment

I don't, but my painter, Chris, will do it. PM me with the details. Btw, I am not charging mark up. Pass through. His work is exemplary. His finishing is what put he professiona sheen on my guitars

Comment

you already got my order.. and i cant wait to play it when everything is done.. it should be amazing! have i said thanks enough, i dont think so, thanks man, really.

Comment

Some pics, all set up and a rough cut of the mockingbird with HeroCycle's neck beside it (I have yet to stain the fretboard black). Bad, bad cell phone pics. On the Mockingbird the neck "stub will be shaved down after the neck is glued in. I leave exra wood there so it doesn' splinter when I route the tenon pocket.

Comment

custom

Nice wood, love the blueburst ! And I like how you rounded the upper horn.
                      Last edited by AllroyPA; 05-04-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: added comment
                      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Destroyer...3%3A1|294%3A50

there's a good pic of the destroyer body

they re-issued it so you can also get good pics on the ibanez site

are there other choices i'd have other than mahogany? just want to see what i'd have available to me

oh, also i was hoping for just a body with a bolt-on pocket and routed for 3 humbuckers and a binding if possible

i wanted one and so does a friend, mine would be routed for a floyd rose and his would be routed for a tune-o-matic with a string thru bridge
                        Last edited by lostinthemasses; 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM.
                        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
                        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

PM me with some of the specs and your budget-range.

I.E. Scale-length, what neck you will be using (example Carvin necks are a hair wider than Fender Spec), control configuration. I'll probably need the exact bridge sent to me. There e so many Floyds and tune-omatics

Wood I can get pretty much everything - it's just the cost.

Hand-making all of these, it may be hard for me to be competitive with the Warmoths for unfinished bodies. If their stock exporer would work for you that would be the way to go. They can CNC those right off the machine.

Comment

pm sent regarding guitar re-fin

Comment

Working...
                            X