TheKlanch comes thru once again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheKlanch comes thru once again.

got my bass back today after having him install the Kahler and HB where the J used to be.

price was right, time spent in the shop was reasonable, and everything was done how I wanted it.

what else can I say right?

Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Holy Fuck ~! It's the whitey lefty ... was it a lefty bass trem too?
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
      ... was it a lefty bass trem too?

I think the only difference in a Kahler between a lefty and righty is the trem arm..... Which I reformed to a lefty arm with my vice and some tape!

Thanks Imimbari for letting me do the work for you and I had a nice drive down to the 'Burgh today!!! I'm glad you are pleased with my work!!

Thanks again bud!! Have fun at your gig tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by theklanch View Post
        I think the only difference in a Kahler between a lefty and righty is the trem arm..... Which I reformed to a lefty arm with my vice and some tape!

Thanks Imimbari for letting me do the work for you and I had a nice drive down to the 'Burgh today!!! I'm glad you are pleased with my work!!

Thanks again bud!! Have fun at your gig tonight!!
        You know you had a rare bird in your hand, not too many of those lefty's made, looks great theklanch ~!
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
          You know you had a rare bird in your hand, not too many of those lefty's made, looks great theklanch ~!

Thanks Allroy

I didn't know they were rare. But if you look at it the way I do, all the lefty instruments are rare in their own sense!! That's awesome that I got to work on a super rare bass! Actually I'm glad you told me that after I was done, I get all jittery when I know the instrument that is on my operating table is super rare.

Maybe I should lay off the ?

Comment

just got back and thought I'd check the email before going to bed.....

ya Allroy is correct... It is VERY rare to find a 80's lefty production bass anywhere, but not worth 1000.00 as I said it's only worth a few hundred cause nobody likes Jackson basses, so I wasn't being deceptive...you never asked -- hahaha!!!

BTW, that HB is just as rare as the bass, they only offered that pickup for 1 year on the production models in 86 only, and only as a 1 HB bridge config.

that's why I snatched up the pink lefty when it was on musicGoRound despite the color and it costing me 400 with the shipping.

Kahlers are nice cause the have 2 holes in them for "universal" application. I only paid 100 bucks for that one since it was gold. Maybe on the white I'll find gold Jackson tuners and knobs cause they make em, just $$$$ that I'm not spending on it or I'll find a black kahler and finish it off.

Ya John I HAD to use it tonight, you brought it over early enough that I messed with it, and soldered the correct wires on the pot (my fault, I should have put the pup manual in the case ) - on that thing black is not ground when the white and red are twisted together

I will say this it does NOT sound like a p/j anymore
            Last edited by amimbari; 06-06-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              just got back and thought I'd check the email before going to bed.....

ya Allroy is correct... It is VERY rare to find a 80's lefty production bass anywhere, but not worth 1000.00 as I said it's only worth a few hundred cause nobody likes Jackson basses, so I wasn't being deceptive...you never asked -- hahaha!!!

BTW, that HB is just as rare as the bass, they only offered that pickup for 1 year on the production models in 86 only, and only as a 1 HB bridge config.

that's why I snatched up the pink lefty when it was on musicGoRound despite the color and it costing me 400 with the shipping.

Kahlers are nice cause the have 2 holes in them for "universal" application. I only paid 100 bucks for that one since it was gold. Maybe on the white I'll find gold Jackson tuners and knobs cause they make em, just $$$$ that I'm not spending on it or I'll find a black kahler and finish it off.

Ya John I HAD to use it tonight, you brought it over early enough that I messed with it, and soldered the correct wires on the pot (my fault, I should have put the pup manual in the case ) - on that thing black is not ground when the white and red are twisted together

I will say this it does NOT sound like a p/j anymore
              Mike I'm glad you got to gig her last nite!!! Got the phase all figured out.... I was almost pulling my hair out looking for wiring color codes and, well, I'm glad it's right now!!! I stil think you should consider a replacing that tone control with a push pull to do series/parallel on the HB..... and while you are at it.... why not put a push pull in for the volume and do a phase switch on the other pickup (or even do it with a series/parallel switch) If you want, I can give you my parts suppliers info so you can get a couple of push pull pots a little cheaper than retail.....

You have yourself one fine hot rod bass now

Hey keep me posted on your gig schedule... I'd like to check you guys out. And you know there actually is a pretty decent live music scene here in Johnstown.... The bar I frequent is always having live bands, many from out of town......

Comment

haha no gizmos and not hotrodded yet because I have a couple of these laying around here:

but instead of 1 switch, there would be 2 -- the OEM for pickup selection still and the new one for coilsplit/series/par.

my KramerNecked Charvel is very "tonal" and I use that one a lot, but my preamped 3 and 4b's ( charvel model#'s ) got the eq on board and a good example is:

we set up - we did the sound check - everything was perfect - we were sitting for a bit. We were ready to go and I went to hit the pedals on my washburn that I have used since 1995 and they stopped working. ok I could push the button manually for the eq, but there you go, have a bass/treb knob on it, and you don't need the external eq
                Last edited by amimbari; 06-06-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X