Emperion Flying V electric guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emperion Flying V electric guitar.

Look what the mail just dropped outside of my house....

Tantatatan, tantantantantantatan........

My wife is not too happy, but I am over the clouds!!!

Review coming the next couple of days, so stay tuned.

(Some of my other toys

and

)

No sleep for me tonight!!!
    Attached Files
    "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Cool, look forward to your opinion on build-quality, sound, set-up e.t.c.

Comment

Oh WOW! That's some seriously mean looking guitar.
      va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
      Originally posted by chilton
      Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
      www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Review for Emperion Flying V left handed electric guitar

I've been playing this baby for about a week now, so I feel I am now in position, to write a solid review.
        First of all the cost of this axe was 299 USD for purchasing it on Emperion Ebay store, plus 30 USD for shipping from Italy to Cyprus, plus 60 USD as EU VAT tax (countries outside of European Union are excluded of this tax).
        Total 389 USD.
        BTW heres a link for the V.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPERION-ZV-6FB-...item2558740b0b

I would like to mention that the guitar arrived 3 days after the payment was sent, safely packed, with no issues at all. Communication with Michele from Emperion guitars was excellent.

To the axe now:

Pros: 1. Guitar is built like a tank. Very solid indeed.
        2. Quality hardware from Wilkinson.
        3. This is the first guitar I play with compound radius, I love it!!
        4.Set up was good (a bit high for my taste) but after five minutes I set it up to perfect. Very easy to adjust. Intonation was spot on.
        5.Satin finish is great, especially for the fretting hands thumb. No sticky spots, thumb runs as smooth as silk on the back of the neck.
        6.Graphite nut is cut perfectly.
        7.The acoustics of this guitar is great when you are not plugged in. Makes me wonder how it would sound with a Bareknuckle Nailbomb on the bridge!!

Cons: 1.Pickups (stock EMP) are too weak. You have the option though to have EMG's or hot Bareknuckle pickups installed for an extra cost. Also the neck pickup is a bit loose.
        2. This is the first V I own, how the f*** do you play this thing seated??
        3. Emperion claims the thickness of the neck to be 18.5 mm first fret and 20.5 mm 12th fret, but it feels thicker... Hmm maybe I have to measure and see. Nohp it is correct. But these thicknesses are like Wizard necks, I don't get the feeling of a Wizard neck here, for some reason...
        4.Guitar came with no fret protector plastic between strings and frets, resulting to a small nick on the high E string 14th fret, which is annoying when you try to bend. Some sanding is required there.

Verdict
        . Comparing what you pay and what you get, this guitar is a solid 10 out of ten. It could well worth a 700 USD price tag, I would definetely pay that price for what it offers. I bought it as a practice workhorse so I didn't get the pickups upgrade, but add a couple of pickups and this baby can be one of your on-stage guitars. Recommended 100%.
        "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

Excellent. What I was hoping to hear (i.e. great quality for the price). Hopefully we'll be seeing more of these guitars round here!

Comment

Originally posted by Cotsulas View Post
            2. This is the first V I own, how the f*** do you play this thing seated
            I've often wondered that myself!!

Great price especially when you add the HSC into the equation.

Very nice looking, congrats and enjoy..

Comment

Questions...

Originally posted by Cotsulas View Post
              I've been playing this baby for about a week now, so I feel I am now in position, to write a solid review.
              First of all the cost of this axe was 299 USD for purchasing it on Emperion Ebay store, plus 30 USD for shipping from Italy to Cyprus, plus 60 USD as EU VAT tax (countries outside of European Union are excluded of this tax).
              Total 389 USD.
              BTW heres a link for the V.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMPERION-ZV-6FB-...item2558740b0b

I would like to mention that the guitar arrived 3 days after the payment was sent, safely packed, with no issues at all. Communication with Michele from Emperion guitars was excellent.
              Sounds impressive. I have some questions:

1) Where are they built? Pricing makes me think they are Asian, but they seem to claim they are Italian built?

2) How do they compare to an American Standard Strat for fit and finish?

Comment

Thanks guys!

Now for my friend The Mad Hatter. The company is located in Trieste, Italy. That is where the factory is located. I wondered myself about Asia but the guitar is too well built to be Chinese or Korean IMO...

Now for comparison to a USA Strat, hmmm... that is a bit difficult. Fit and finish is pretty close to a Strat. Believe me Emperion is very well built. Where the differnces start is: the neck of the Emperion is far superior. I mean compound radius + satin finish + ebony fretboard. You don't get that on a Strat. Now Electronics is where the Strat wins hands down (comparing to an Emperion with standard pickups).

Either way IMHO you can't beat this baby when you compare cost and value.

My reply.

Comment

Working...
                X