New Righty, but it's koool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Righty, but it's koool

Purchased this from an older hippie chick. She was the original owner (her parents bought it for her when she was a child) and had played it very little.

It is a Kingston from the 60's that is all original. Her nephew or niece (don't remember which) was learning to play on it and put a few scratches and nicks on it. Adds character.

I bought it for the koooolllll facter as a piece of art.

Here are the photos:

That's funny... I bought my GF a cool righty yesterday! I'll post pix as soon as the sun is out. (or up at least )

Dunno what you payed for that, but this lefty might have been a nice add to your collection;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-Hagstrom-I...item1c0f2c93be

17 days left to convince the missus... (yours or mine, I'm gassing for that guit like motherf...)

[edit]nice guitar mike, you don't get too many of those quaint shapes in lefty
    Last edited by Olav; 01-16-2010, 02:38 AM. Reason: ooops
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

WOW, that Haggy is cool. I would love to add it to my collection, but I really need to chill. All I heard last night after buying the MIJ Strat was, "I don't care how much you paid, enough is enough".

The Hagstrom is probably worth ths asking price, but my little Kingston was only about $100.

Comment

Righty, but koooooooooooooooooool

Here they are, pix of the guit I bought my GF last friday. (my first eBay win... yaaay!)

This is a Mosrite copy by Aria. Modelnr 1702T from(I'm refferring to the Aria records here, correct me if I'm wrong) 1974. Serial starts with 4.

Aaaaaaaahw...

Ain't she purrrrdy?
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Not to hijack...

Balalaika I bought on local auction-site. Guy never used it, got it as a present from an EastGerman (way back when). Funny thing; the Aria I bought my GF was from Berlin!
          Look at them funny tuners; they're pretty crappy, but HIH am I gonna replace 'em?

They stuck a decor on there, aaaahw...

Neckjoint shows it's all handmade;

Sound... ethnic? Dunno what a Balalaika should sound like. I'll do a websearch, also to see if the strings are correct. Tuning is EEA I'm told.
          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Olav:

What a great scam you've got going there. Feed your GAS addiction and say it's for your GF!!! I wish I would have thought of that one. I think I'll try and get my wife to take up guitar!!!!

But seriously, that Aria is a great looking guitar. I love the attention to detail on the older guitars. Something as simple as a 3 ply truss rod cover to match the scratch plate.

EDIT:

"Most guitars produced by Arai such as the Aria Diamonds (not to be confused with the Aria Pro II Diamonds), Lyle, Conrad, Maxi-Tone, Japanese Epiphone, Univox, and the other pre-1976 guitars often had serial numbers usually on the neck plate (I imagine so dealers could track warranty, etc.). Unfortunately the number was arbitrary and had little to do with when the guitar was produced. After Arai joined forces with Matsumoku, the serial numbers began to have some bearing on the guitar's production year and rank in production sequence. Serial numbers on these guitars were arbitrary numbers and did not indicate date of manufacture. When dating these guitars only ballpark ranges is possible. One tip is the type of pickups. Single coil trapezoid face = mid to late 1960s, P-90 sized single and dual coil pickups = early 1970s, normal humbuckers and more strat like singles = early to mid 1970s"

Borrowed this from another site, so like other 60's and 70's MIJ guitars it will be difficult to pinpoint an exact year of production.

Number 1, I hope your GF enjoys the guitar and I hope she gets those great "Venture" sounds from that Aria.

As for the "Balalaika", that is a great piece of artwork. That old world craftsman is very evident in the construction. Very nice.
            Last edited by crawdaddy; 01-17-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X