New Xmas Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xmas Guitar

I gotta show off my new guitar that arrived on Christmas eve. I picked her up from ebay. I didn't have a red strat, so I figured why not?? I'm not sure of the exact flavor of this one; could be Candy Apple, Chrome, Dakota (doubt it), or Torino (really doubt this one)? I'm leaning towards CAR since it has a bit of metal flake in it. If anyone knows the MIA standard colors for 2005, please let me know.

Here are a few photos:

Last edited by crawdaddy; 12-26-2009, 02:07 PM.

I think I'm going to replace the plastic w/mint green. The black is a bit to dark for me.

Let me know what you think regarding the switch out!!!

Comment

I agree with switching out the plastic, but how will mint green look? I can't picture it for some reason. Would you be against throwing a humbucker in the bridge? For some reason the guitar is telling me it wants one...

Jesse (the guitar whisperer)

Comment

I'm sure you could make it a Fat-strat quite easily ! I'd have to think just a parchment with aged knobs would look best. Most colors clash with CAR(which is why the guy used black). I'm pretty sure you don't want the toilet-seat pearl patterns ... I have it on one of my guitars and can't wait to replace it ... lol ... but it's ok for now.
        http://www.terrapinguitars.com/pg2009/strat/index.htm
        http://www.terrapinisland.com/materi...Materials.html
        Last edited by AllroyPA; 12-26-2009, 07:07 PM.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I agree with Allroy. I think a parchment with aged knobs would look great. I also agree with Jesse about the HB. I have a 2007 CAR MIA and got mine already altered with a OFR, tortoise pickguard and a SD Saraceno at the bridge. That HB makes it scream. Do it Crawdaddy just do it and don't look back.
          Bill Griffith, Paramedic/Firefighter
          terrible guitar player-hey I'm honest

Gear:
          2009 Gibson SG Standard
          2005 American Strat Standard fitted with OFR and Stellartone pot system. Candy Red.
          Marshall JCM 800 2204
          1960A
          TS9

Good Deals with:
          Kramerfan

Comment

Originally posted by Paramedic006 View Post
            [...] tortoise pickguard [...] Do it Crawdaddy just do it and don't look back.
            +1 on the tortoise pickguard at least. I'm no big fan of humbuckers in strats (just looks wrong IMHO), if you must though, you could fit a single coil sized one.
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas. I might have to look at parchment or maybe the tortoise shell. I know there is a site out there were you can see diffenrent p/g's on strats. I'll just have to find it.

As for the HB'er idea, I'm actually going to look at a MIM white strat today (time permitting, I have a project due tomorrow) that I was contemplating adding a humbucker.

It's not in my nature to alter a $1000 guitar, but a less expensive one, well that will be alright.

Comment

Actually, after looking at Paramedics, a tortoise PG looks great too. Is that a brown or red tortoise??

Comment

Well, I ended up purchasing a Parchment P/G from an ebay seller (that will go unnamed, but they are huge in parting out strats) along with a tremolo bar. The tremolo bar they shipped is a righty, does me no good. The parchment P/G is in reality an everyday plain as can be white P/G that has faded a tad, except where it was covered by knobs.
                  Lesson learned.

So I added my mint green P/G from another guitar to Lucy (her name). She looks ok, but I'm not 100% thrilled. Plus the black guitar that looked great with the mint P/G now looks so so with the faded white P/g. I'll get photos when I have a chance.

PS: I also picked up a 1960's Kingston (righty though) that is in like new condition. I bought it purely as a piece of art, plus I Couldn't pass it up for the price. Picks to follow.
                  Last edited by crawdaddy; 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Here is the new and improved after a face lift Lucy:

Comment

Mint and candy apple, yummy.
                      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Hey that's nice... I like the black guard though!

Comment

Yeah, that worked out great! Big improvement!
                          va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                          Originally posted by chilton
                          Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                          www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Working...
                          X