Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage H-535

Heritage H-535 1996 in sunset burst.

I'm getting the pickups changed to Duncan P-Rails, with the triple shot mounting ring switching system, and also getting the hardware changed at the same time.

Congrats, she's quite a looker !
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I'm green and it's not because I'm Irish!!!!!

Cooooooooollllllll looking guitar.

HNGD Congrats and enjoy.

Comment

Congratulations are in order

That's one sweet looking guitar right there SPG.
        About the P-rails; are you planning to add a mini-toggle or are you going with push-pull pots?
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys, this one looks to be a real sweety

I have P-Rails installed in another Heritage, a H-170CM from 1986, and it previously had Heritages' D-VIP system installed ( a vari phase system with coil taps) so it already had three holes in the top.

before shot ( stock pickups and hardware)

after ... with P-Rails and new hardware

For the 535 I'm going to use the Duncan triple shot system which will allow four sounds from the P-Rails to be used without drilling or using push / pull pots etc. --- series humbucker / parallel humbucker / P-90 / single coil

http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...iple_shot_swi/

Click on the "how to install video" for a video of the install from Duncan.

Comment

That might be a nice looking solution SPG. Won't change the appearance of the guitar.
            Have you used triple shot rings before?
            How do they handle? Let's say you wanna change from humbucker to P90 during a song, won't those mini switches be a bit too mini?
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
              That might be a nice looking solution SPG. Won't change the appearance of the guitar.
              Have you used triple shot rings before?
              How do they handle? Let's say you wanna change from humbucker to P90 during a song, won't those mini switches be a bit too mini?
              I was going to go for Fralin P-92s' for this one, they are a noiseless P-90 type in a full humbucker size. I opted for the P-Rails again because of the the range of sounds available from them, even though I will probably use the humbucker options the most.

I haven't used the triple shots before but the cost of push pulls and / or mini switches, plus the extra time and cost of drilling and wiring a semi hollow versus using the rings , well the triple shots will be much simpler to install. I don't mind the small size of the switches on the triple shots as I know from using the 170 that I will most likely use the humbucker tones most of the time.

It is handy though to have all of the options, I rarely use the single coil tones from the P-Rails as the volume drop is drastic, maybe only 30 - 40 % of the volume of the series humbucker mode, I've found that with most humbbuckers in coil tap you get roughly half the volume, but as the P-90 in the P-Rails is a lot more powerful than the rail coil the result is a much louder P-90 than the rail coil.

Comment

Working...
              X