New Strat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Strat!

Just picked this one up at the Guitar Center. Fender was having a one day promotion last Sunday at my local GC. I didn't plan on buying anything but it was already marked down because it was a lefty that was hard for them to sell, Fender was running their promo (discount), there was a little ding on the headstock even though it was a new guitar (discount) and I didn't want the gig bag that came with it so they knocked a few more $'s off (discount). So I pulled the trigger!
    Attached Files

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! I always liked the looks of a maple fretboard on a white strat.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

great color combo, I love that

Comment

So a Mexi(taco) strat ?
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Yes it is a Mexi, but what attracted me to it was that at first glance it looked like an American. I've gotta drop some new p/u's in it before its ready to rock. The p/u's that are in it are weak and noisy.

Comment

Nice, gotta love the strats... great guitars.

HNGD and enjoy

Comment

reminds me of a jimmy vaughan strat

are you going to keep the 3 singles in there or are you going to step it up and throw a humbucker in the bridge?
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              I had my ball sack appraised one time.
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

I haven't decided for sure Lost. I'm not sure if the body has a Hum routing under the pickguard. If it does then I am tempted to throw a JB in the bridge. Then I'd just need to find some pickups that match up well for the the other 2 slots. I don't wanna lose the "woody" sound you get from the neck p/u on a Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by leftyandproud View Post
                  I haven't decided for sure Lost. I'm not sure if the body has a Hum routing under the pickguard. If it does then I am tempted to throw a JB in the bridge. Then I'd just need to find some pickups that match up well for the the other 2 slots. I don't wanna lose the "woody" sound you get from the neck p/u on a Strat.
                  It does have humb-routing.
                  Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Thanks for the info Allroy! I'll probably get a Duncan JB. I hear the JB Jr. doesn't have the same tone. Now I just need to find some good single coils or stacked p/u's that have a strat like tone and isn't a total volume mismatch for the JB....Any thoughts?

Comment

Hey LaP:

Did you ever go the humbucker route in your strat?? I'm going to look at the exact guitar later today and from am thinking of going that way too.

Comment

thats just flat out sexy. Congrats
                        Last edited by TheHeroCycle; 12-28-2009, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                          Hey LaP:

Did you ever go the humbucker route in your strat?? I'm going to look at the exact guitar later today and from am thinking of going that way too.
                          Never mind, I was to late and the guitar sold.

Comment

Originally posted by leftyandproud View Post
                            Thanks for the info Allroy! I'll probably get a Duncan JB. I hear the JB Jr. doesn't have the same tone. Now I just need to find some good single coils or stacked p/u's that have a strat like tone and isn't a total volume mismatch for the JB....Any thoughts?
                            Although I'd ultimately go with a JB too, the JB jr. is a nice alternative if you don't want to deal with getting a new pickguard or cut the one you have.

For classic rock anyway, the jr.'s tone rocks and as far as vol. mismatch, just raising or lowering the pup's worked for me.

Also, Am. Strat neck pup's give that amazing Strat blues tone which you can easily find on e-bay...

Comment

So the MIM's are using the old 70s Fender logo now?

Comment

Working...
                              X