Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rickenbacker!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Rickenbacker!

    Dig this boys... I know I am!

    Last edited by lef-T; 11-21-2009, 11:28 PM.

  • #2
    jealous! happy for you but jealous! where did you pick up that baby?????

    Comment


    • #3
      Very Nice, great guitars if you don't mind thin necks..

      I also own a 360, though mine is Fireglo. It is a keeper for life unless of course (now said in my best Dr. Evil voice) someone offers me ONE Million Dollars... then I'd think about selling..

      Last I heard there is like a 3 year wait on new lefties.


      Cool guitar, enjoy!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jp529 View Post
        jealous! happy for you but jealous! where did you pick up that baby?????
        Private sale from the original owner, who bought it new last year.

        Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
        Very Nice, great guitars if you don't mind thin necks... Last I heard there is like a 3 year wait on new lefties.
        It takes some getting used to, especially since I've only played Fenders til now. Yes, that's what I've heard too, about the wait. Even on *righties* there's the wait, apparently.
        Last edited by lef-T; 11-22-2009, 09:17 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't believe they didn't fix the "R" on the bridge for lefties...bastards

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah the "R" thing is... what it is, I guess. They say they won't make a lefty tailpiece. Doesn't matter to me. It could be replaced with a trapeze tailpiece but I think they're kinda ugly.

            Comment


            • #7
              I wouldn't change a thing, that guitar is beautiful

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                I can't believe they didn't fix the "R" on the bridge for lefties...bastards
                I agree, at least they revised the shark tooth inlays on the newer ones.

                Mine is an older version and at the time, they didn't flip the inlays:







                The headstock should be flipped also. Maybe in a couple more years they'll get around to it.

                I'm not complaining though, they are great guitars

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice 360 crawdaddy! You've got toasters in there I see...

                  Yeah it's nice they flipped the inlays. I'm not sure what you mean about the headstock though, it's correct... it swoops down, just like on the righties. If they hadn't flipped it, it would swoop up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lef-T View Post
                    Nice 360 crawdaddy! You've got toasters in there I see...

                    Yeah it's nice they flipped the inlays. I'm not sure what you mean about the headstock though, it's correct... it swoops down, just like on the righties. If they hadn't flipped it, it would swoop up.
                    You're right.. for some reason I've always thought the slope was the same on lefties and righties. Now give us the "R" so it can be read by the audience when playing the guitar!!!

                    I love the toasters, gives the guitar a great 60's vibe.

                    Hope you're enjoying yours

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah I'm enjoying it big time. Can't wait to gig with it next month!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X