Updated NGD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated NGD!!

I received this 1995 MIM Squier from a friend. It came with a strap, stand, couple of lefty books, brand new DVD, real nice gig bag, tuner, and a few assorted picks. At some point, an unknown person flipped the strings and played it ala Jimi. There are pick scratch marks on the upper horn, oh well. Luckily they didn't drill a strap hole in the lower horn and never replaced the nut. I'll redo the nut in due time. It has bumps and bruises and scratches and I don't care.

The p/u's definitely could use an upgrade. They don't sound to bad, but they could be better (even to my tin ears). I purchased a new mint green scratch guard and parchment knobs to replace the originals. Scratch guard looks great but the new volume and tone knobs didn't fit well on the splines so I left the original ones on. I now need to order the rear plate in mint green to match the front.

Here are a couple of photos:

Last edited by crawdaddy; 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM.

I want to add that my friend and I have been purchasing Squier guitars lately to give to children in his neighborhood. Chris is also giving free lessons to a couple of the kids. By and by, he tells me that he might just be teaching the next Hendrix. I gather one of his students an 11 year old is picking everything up easy.

So anyway, about 3 weeks ago I saw this red 1994 MIM Squier for sale about a mile from my house:

picked it up for $60 including a gigbag and gave it to my friend.

About a week later he saw the black lefty 1995 MIM Squier for sale in his area and bought it for me.

Just wanted to pass along a little string of events that I thought was cool.

Life is good.....

Comment

Looks Great ~!
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Thanks, I was doodling on the guitar yesterday while the Bears were getting their butts kicked and it plays very nicely.

The pickups will need to go though, they are the weak link.

Comment

I didn't know some squiers had the Fender logo on them...you found some good deals out there though

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            I didn't know some squiers had the Fender logo on them...you found some good deals out there though
            They have the Squier stamp on the ball of the headstock. I think (not 100% positive) that all the squiers MIM during the 90's were like this. I've been told they are the same as MIM strats with lesser quality tuners, p/u's, and bridge hardware.

I live just outside of Phoenix and unfortunately Phoenix has been one the hardest hit areas during this recession. It is really sad to see the amount of CL ads with the statement "lost my job" or "need to pay the rent". There are usually some great deals to be had the last few days of the month.

Besides these 2 Squiers, we have purchased 3 other squier strats and an S101 strat. The most expensive was a squier that we paid $70 for and it was like brand new. The people that we've bought from have been great when we tell them our plans of passing the guitars along to needy kids. Two of the squiers have been placed in the hands of beginners and we're looking for more children that could use some help. Christmas is just around the corner, so I'm sure we'll find deserving recipients.

We are both having a great time looking for the next reasonably priced guitar to purchase. To me the quest is 90% of the fun when shopping.
            Last edited by crawdaddy; 11-09-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
              They have the Squier stamp on the ball of the headstock. I think (not 100% positive) that all the squiers MIM during the 90's were like this. I've been told they are the same as MIM strats with lesser quality tuners, p/u's, and bridge hardware.
              We are both having a great time looking for the next reasonably priced guitar to purchase. To me the quest is 90% of the fun when shopping.
              I agree, the bargain hunt is fun if that's what you like. The Squier Series logo on the end of the nose was ceased after the MN5-serials 95-96. Then each had a designated full Squier or Fender MIM logos featured in the normal spots.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Working...
              X