HNGD!!!! Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD!!!! Tomorrow

Just picked up a guitar this evening and it is too late to take photos. Plus the guitar is an '04 model that has been sitting by its lonesome self since '05. It needs some serious cleaning. Hell, I needed a shower after noodling on the guitar. But that's fine, the dirt and grime got me a fantastic deal on it, plus sadly the dude really needed the cash.

I'll give a big hint here: the initials are JH or at least they will be when I'm done.

Photos at 11, well maybe tomorrow, I'm not running a damn news program here.
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 09-30-2009, 09:43 PM.

Geez, you couldn't give a better clue....

joe...

Comment

OK, here she is.

A 2004 Fender Classic 70 Stratocaster that is like new. I think the only person that played the guitar was a 2 year old. It had gink and grime every where. The fretboard had dried candy/chocolate all over it. It was dusty as hell and needed to be cleaned up.

I would never show a guitar for sale in this condition. I spent last night polishing her up and I have to say, she sure cleans up pretty. Might even take her out on a Saturday night.........

On to the photos:

She is off to my guitar guy tomorrow so that she can be properly converted to the good side.

EDIT: The strap came with the guitar along with a pedal, a Jimi book, and a couple of cords. I feel the strap is pretty much period correct, so I'll keep it on her.
      Last edited by crawdaddy; 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Congrats! She's a looker. Maple fretboard

Like the strap too.
        If you're into these vintagy kind of straps check JodyHead's site.
        va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
        Originally posted by chilton
        Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
        www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Nice one crawhendrix ~!
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Olav:

Thanks for the site.... I was at that site (Jodyshead) awhile back and wanted to order a leather strap for my T Rose. Like the dolt that I am, I forgot to bookmark the site and with my failing memory couldn't remember it an hour later.

I now have it book marked and will order the strap. Thanks,

AlloryPA:

Trust me when I say I'm no JH.. not even the same league, if he was pro ball, I'm T ball (maybe).... I'm really not a big Hendrix fan either. I enjoy his music and his abilities as a guitar player but I love the look.

Here's what happened; I was watching a DVD my friend gave me and it happened to be a bio of Jimi. As I was enjoying the show, I noticed the white strat and thought wow, I really like that. I've wanted a white strat for a while now, but don't need another one. I have six already.

The next day on CL I see this Classic 70's in white, w/maple board and the large headstock. I took that as a sign from above that this guitar was meant for me. It took a week, but I got it.

Unfortunately, the seller needed cash badly so I was able to pick it up for less than $275 with all the extras which I think is a great price considering they sell for $750 new.

Comment

Where was it manufactured ?
              Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
              Olav:

Thanks for the site.... I was at that site (Jodyshead) awhile back and wanted to order a leather strap for my T Rose. Like the dolt that I am, I forgot to bookmark the site and with my failing memory couldn't remember it an hour later.

I now have it book marked and will order the strap. Thanks,

AlloryPA:

Trust me when I say I'm no JH.. not even the same league, if he was pro ball, I'm T ball (maybe).... I'm really not a big Hendrix fan either. I enjoy his music and his abilities as a guitar player but I love the look.

Here's what happened; I was watching a DVD my friend gave me and it happened to be a bio of Jimi. As I was enjoying the show, I noticed the white strat and thought wow, I really like that. I've wanted a white strat for a while now, but don't need another one. I have six already.

The next day on CL I see this Classic 70's in white, w/maple board and the large headstock. I took that as a sign from above that this guitar was meant for me. It took a week, but I got it.

Unfortunately, the seller needed cash badly so I was able to pick it up for less than $275 with all the extras which I think is a great price considering they sell for $750 new.
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
                Where was it manufactured ?
                MIM...

Here is link to the guitar at MF:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=510471

Ash body...

Synthetic bone nut??? I have no idea what that refers to.

I can see the difference in the quality of wood from my MIA and MIJ strats to the MIM, but it's a solid color, who cares. Otherwise it is a solidly constructed guitar.

I'll drop it off tomorrow and hopefully have it back early next week after it has been Jimified.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                  Synthetic bone nut??? I have no idea what that refers to.
                  Evidently it's pretty rock 'n roll ...

Comment

Just got her back from my buddy and all I have to say is WOW.....

He did a great job on the new nut and setting her up so she plays real smooth.

She will be more for decoration than anything else, but I wouldn't be embarrassed at all to take her out.

Think I'll look at purchasing one of the display cases that Rondo sells and mount her on the wall.

Here are a couple more shots:

Relaxing by the pool... I saw it was snowing in New England when the Pats game was on, well it's getting pretty close to 100 here in the valley. Definitely no snow in sight.

Comment

WOW is right~! She's the kinda flip with a whole lotta love ... bam~!

Comment

Working...
                      X