NGD: N4 content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: N4 content

Finally broke down and got the guitar I've wanted since high school. yay!

Really diggin how they are starting to make some lefty sig models (JEM, JP, Nuno, Dime). This one is USA Custom shop and I love it already.

excellent. I'm glad you got it! How's it coming along... What are your impressions. I love mine.

joe...

btw, I like how you just thru the wrappings all over the floor, like a little kid on Christmas morning

Comment

lol it was like Christmas. I love this thing, it has a pretty unique tone to it. I've never played a Bill Lawrence pickup before, it's very bright but punchy. I heard there is a push-pull with the volume knob but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I'll do a review after I get used to it, definitely worth the money and on par with my JP6.

Comment

I like my JP6 much more but I need to change the strings to a 9 versus the stock 10's.

As for the pull-pot, this must be a feature with the Vintage version. But all you need to do is pull up on the volume knob which usually a coil splitter.

joe...

Comment

Very nice looking guitar, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news; you'll need to ship it back as they put a righty neck on your guitar!!! (We need a Homer dooh icon)

Seriously, it looks great.

HNGD and many years of enjoyment.

Comment

WOW, all kinds of NGD's round here ...
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

interested by a comparison with a JP6.

Comment

Originally posted by groove87 View Post
                Personally, I like the JP6 more due to a couple items:

1. Neck profile: The neck on the JP6 fits me really nice

2. Piezo: Having this on the JP6 give me so many different sounds, it's just cool.

I do like the bite I get from the N4 and I can get pitch harmonics much easier.

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by groove87 View Post
                  My take...

JP6 fretboard is a little thin for my hands (I never thought I'd say that about a guitar). I'm used to a Wizard neck and the JP6, while AWESOME, feels a little cramped to me. The actual necks are both very comfortable and fast.

N4 neck produces the EASIEST bends I have ever experienced. In fact, when I picked up the JP6 last night I was shocked at how hard it is to bend the strings, I can't even imagine what the Carvin feels like now.

The N4 could use a coil tap, as the sounds are limited. I obviously prefer the floyd to the Ernie Ball trem (which is actually really good) as well.

The JP6 wins hands down tonally. You can do chuga-chuga metal, piezo clean stuff, and everything in between. The craftsmanship is A++ as well. The N4, like noted above, has a discernible "bite" to it from the Bill Lawrence pickup. The guitar is a bit treble heavy, and isn't going to pull off METALLLLL terribly well (if at all). The pinch hamonics come off as easy as they come, though. It is a squeal machine, someone sell one to Skid Row and Zakk!

And above all else....

NB > JP

Comment

Jesse, the JP6 came from the factory with 10's installed, N4's came with 9's.

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
                      Jesse, the JP6 came from the factory with 10's installed, N4's came with 9's.

joe...
                      Do you think I could thow my usual 9-42's on there without having to re-setup the whole thing?

Comment

That's really going to depend on how much tension was put of the neck to get your 10's to work. I will at some point have to put 9's on my JP6. My guess is that I'll have to readjust the bridge and then from there, look at the neck. From what I've heard, one may or may not have to look at the intonation when changing string sizes.

joe...

Comment

ok thank's for the comparision
                          I recently purchase a JP mystic dream (without piezzo) and was very surprise for the whole quality of the guitar. For the bend I agree with godwentpunk, it's just a matter of string size and action (mine is ine 9 with low action, bend are very (too many) easy). With my TA, the JP become my main rig guitar (and my dna too).
                          I owned in the past a N2 , which was a correct guitar for the price....And I wonder If a N4 can be a good option.
                          thank's
                          Last edited by groove87; 10-17-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

The JP's are fantastic guitars, I've only played a 7 (upside down) but I was amazed how great the neck felt. The only downer is the body's made from basswood on the non-Family Reserve ones (which are cheaper) but hey, can't have everything.

Comment

Working...
                            X