X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My current gear

(Not the best pictures I know)

For starters there's my 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

I originally installed a EMG 81/85 pair in it, but they had sent me a faulty pot, so after getting so frustrated replacing everything BUT the pots I went and just bought a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts with the new electronics and let me tell you those things just DESTROY the EMGs

Next I've got a standard strat that I did a little modification to (JB in the bridge, slanted)

You can't see it but I did that at around 4 in the morning and to get the pickup to fit not only in the pickguard itself but under the pickguard, I chipped out pieces of both using a string cutter until it fit, the gods of why the fuck would you do that to a guitar though got back at me. I forgot to unplug the soldering iron and as I was reaching for something on my table my wrist pressed down on it for about 2 seconds before I was realizing I was burning so now I have a nice scar to remind me of my first guitar mod.

Oh and all that's run through this bad boy

(The 5150, the RG100ES is my guitarists) with a matching cab

I didn't know epi made a lefty black LP custom...interesting

Comment

you didnt know that? i was considering buying one until i found out they werent made in korea anymore
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      I had my ball sack appraised one time.
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
        you didnt know that? i was considering buying one until i found out they werent made in korea anymore
        Mine's China made but I have to say it's my go-to guitar, I've side by side compared it to Gibsons and it slayed the standard and studio, but actually, it plays the exact same as a reissue goldtop which surprised the hell out of me, the only downside I had for it was the pickups which once I switched to the active pups knocked it to a whole different level. Although I probably won't be getting another one, while I love mine and I've grown incredibly used to it my hearts just in the King V shape (I really wish Jackson would make a KV2 Lefty, at which point I would become complete) next guitar I plan on getting though will probably be the Schecter ATX-V1FR I absolutely love the schecter necks

Comment

hmm, I was considering trying out an LP style guitar but was leaning more toward an Agile. Yours looks good though, good luck on your KV2 search.
          When I had Gas for a V and my search for a Jackson wasnt going well I was seriously considering buying a righty LTD V-401 and swaping out its lic. trem with for a lefty floyd. It was a gorgeous guitar and if you dont mind the controls on top than you might consider.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
            hmm, I was considering trying out an LP style guitar but was leaning more toward an Agile. Yours looks good though, good luck on your KV2 search.
            When I had Gas for a V and my search for a Jackson wasnt going well I was seriously considering buying a righty LTD V-401 and swaping out its lic. trem with for a lefty floyd. It was a gorgeous guitar and if you dont mind the controls on top than you might consider.
            If Agile comes out with a six string model of the hornet or opens up the custom shop when I can afford it then I'll probably just go through them, I thought about doing the conversion thing but I hate having the controls in the way like that. If ESP made that LTD-V401DX lefty I would be all over that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              If Agile comes out with a six string model of the hornet or opens up the custom shop when I can afford it then I'll probably just go through them, I thought about doing the conversion thing but I hate having the controls in the way like that. If ESP made that LTD-V401DX lefty I would be all over that though.
              I actually just got a Custom White Agile hornet V for $200 on craigslist, had it sent to my home in California, depending on how I like it I might consider letting it go. I'll have pics when I go home on leave in a few weeks. Or if you were okay with a seven string you could look at this..
              http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/showthread.php?t=561

which I am thinking of parting with.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
                I actually just got a Custom White Agile hornet V for $200 on craigslist, had it sent to my home in California, depending on how I like it I might consider letting it go. I'll have pics when I go home on leave in a few weeks. Or if you were okay with a seven string you could look at this..
                http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/showthread.php?t=561

which I am thinking of parting with.
                If you decide on getting rid of the 6 string version I might be interested in it, although I'd probably replace it later with their custom shop (different woods, addition of a floyd rose, etc), if I even like the way they play that is.

Comment

2 years later update, I actually ran into a band that had a lefty guitarist in it who let me check out his agile, and I fell in love with the thing right away that when I saw a deal on ebay I snatched one up right away, so now my guitars are looking something like this

I just got the Agile Reaper Custom on the left a few months ago, the orange stripe is just electrical tape (it's just solid black) and I personally hated the inverted cross inlays so I slapped some block decals over it and was surprised to see that blocks look pretty sweet on a v. Guitars easily my favorite of the 4 I have. Also the pictures flipped I assure you they're all lefties!

Last edited by Requiem; 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X