MusicMan Silhouette Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MusicMan Silhouette Special

Finally!!! my silhouette is back!! time to show some pics of this guitar!!

I have to guitar for almost 10 years now... here's the original look

3 years ago... I wanted a diamond plate pick guard and the graphtech ghost piezo system:

And the last month I changed the pickups and I got the black ice pick guard...
    I removed the tone pot and I kept the magnetic volume pot and the piezo volume pot... The pickups are dimarzio tone zone in the bridge, fast track 1 in the middle and the air norton S at the neck... Now.. with all those mods over the years I LOVE this guitar! It sounds incredible and the guitar still in a awsome shape after all those years!

back of the neck

Thanks for looking!

Jeb

looks good, I've never played a MusicMan. Congrats.

Comment

cool. I do like the black ice pickguard better myself.

What are the neck profile on these guitars. For some reason, I want to think it's a baseball bat?

joe...

Comment

that thing is far far away of a baseball bat!!! this is probably the most confortable guitar I played in my life!

Here's the specs of the neck
        Scale Length:
        25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
        Neck Radius:
        10" (25.4 cm)
        Headstock Size:
        Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
        Frets:
        22 - High profile, medium width
        Neck Width:
        1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at last fret
        Neck Wood:
        Select maple neck
        Fingerboard:
        Select maple or rosewood
        Neck Finish:
        Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend

Musicman guitars really deserve to be tried!!! those things are top quality!!

Comment

That looks great with the current setup, good job. I never touched a music man before my JP6...and I'm glad I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            That looks great with the current setup, good job. I never touched a music man before my JP6...and I'm glad I did.
            I'm giving some thought to a JP6 too but those guitars are very expensive. I'd have to sell my N4 and some other gear to pay for one.

joe...

Comment

Joe! How the N4 plays?? I've always wanted to try this guitar... I love guitars with natural look...

Comment

The N4 plays pretty nice. The neck profile that is close of my earlier San Dimas Charvel/Jacksons. The body is super small and overall, the guitar is feather light. The neck joint is unique on the N4 which allows upper fret access without your hand having to do any stretching. My only complaint is that the neck pickup sounds a little muddy but I'm guessing new style pickup could fix that problem. Also, the finish is natural so I've never gigged with this guitar with the fear that all of sweat would stain the finish.

joe...

Comment

I've had 2 EB Music Man guitars over the years. I had a limited edition cream color Silhouette Special and a Steve Lukather and both were outstanding guitars in every way, great sounding and super easy to play. I had to sell both of them for some quick dollars when I had them, I miss them both a tremendous amount!!

Comment

I have a couple of EBMMs, I bought my Silo new in 1996 and recently got an Axis SS MM90 and a regular Axis SS.

The necks are very fast on all of them, they do feel very different to most other manufacturers necks.

Comment

Working...
                    X