Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG3120TW

Ibanez RG3120TW

Been looking for this exact model for a while now, it finally arrived today. Pickups were changed by the previous owner to a D-Sonic and an Air Norton.
    The D-Sonic was also turned around the other way and almost touching the strings, way too much output breaking up on everything. I turned it around so the bar is towards the neck and removed the packing under the pickup, it sounds a lot better now.

Delsih, I wanted one of these back in the day but they're hard to find now(?) and have a 1570 anyway so bar the maple top and single coil there's not a massive difference (although it'd be nice to have a non all-basswood Ibanez).

Comment

wow

look at that top

stunning
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      I had my ball sack appraised one time.
      Originally posted by metalchurch
      ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Thanks guys. This is my first Ibanez, it's a mahogany body with an AAA maple top. Or is it AAAA ? I really don't like black or white guitars and Ibanez only really make lefties in those colours, so I was looking for this particular one. Seems they only made a few of these in lefty around 2000 or so.

The colour is listed as Twilight Blue but it looks green in most light, in direct sunlight though it is blue. The back is also a very dark blue / green but I could not get that to show in the pics.

Same guitar in brighter light ... blue !

Comment

Awesome looking guitar. Congratulations!

JOE...

Comment

I've always wanted one, always...such a score

Comment

Here's a similar Jackson http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/1192092517.html
              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

got the same with evo in bridge
                The main différence with a basswood RG is this mahogany body. It gives more "body" sound(sound is more medium bass). I love it !!!
                Compared to a basswood body, I think both has quality, basswood is more tight (medium treble). With an evo I love them both
                With the binding, you got the impression that body is thinner than a classical RG.
                According to lefty robb , they made 10 model....I don't know If it's true.
                With my custom dna, It's my 2 favorite ibanez guitar

Comment

Working...
                X