Woo hoo! My next guit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo hoo! My next guit!

Just put a down payment on a lefty Parker P-42. Should have it by the end of the month. I'll post pics of that and my other babies at that time.

Getting her Monday (having her delivered to my job). Can't wait!

Comment

I can honestly say, I know nothing about this guitar. Educate us please!

and pics

Comment

parker guitars are insane

i didnt even know they made a lefty parker

the p-42 is an entry-level parker, but any parker is top of the line

first off, it's got an ebony fretboard
        it's got 2 coil tapped humbuckers
        a stereo output jack
        grovers and a tune-o-matic, parkers usually have a dual-fulcrum trem

most parkers have alot of crazy options, but most parkers are like a grand at least, this one is a simple and sweet workhorse and it's light, this thing was made for the stage

the only thing i'd be skeptical about are the pickups, if i bought this thing i'd throw a couple of bill lawrence l-500's in there

www.wildepickups.com/
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

lost ; do you do your own wiring or do you have someone who does it ?
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

depends on which guitar

i do wiring for all my friends

i do my own wiring on certain axes, but if it involves a push/pull pot i'll take it to my luthier
            I had my ball sack appraised one time.
            ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Lost - thanks for providing all the info. I too am skeptical about the pickups. I'll give them a shot, but if they need to go, they're gone. Fortunately I work at a guitar store with a repair shop, so I have a guy there who does all my guitar work.

The lefties are extremely limited. I bought this one from Adirondack Guitars, and Dennis (cool dude to deal with, by the way) told me they were getting only 8 of them. They're also 5 months behind their original delivery date. They're drop-shipping mine right from Parker, since they're closer to me than Adirondack is.

I have not found anyone else who has a lefty, so I have no info right now specific to "us". But I have heard very few negative comments about Parker guitars in general. The really cool thing is that they are not upcharging for the lefties. I'm paying $459, which includes a gigbag. Free shipping from those guys as well.

I will post pictures as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Of the Parker and my other axes (Washburn X-30, Fender acoustic, Ibanez Soundgear). And I'll give you guys a full report.

Comment

The link to the Adirondack page:

http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/parker/p42.htm

Comment

Working...
                X