Another one on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one on the way

I just couldn't pass up a maple wizard neck.

joe...

Score! That's the exact guitar my white one started out as. Didn't you get an N4? Care to review it?

Comment

Yep. I got a N4...at a KILLER price.

As for a review, I'd be happy to put something together. I'm headed out of town for the weekend for work so when I get back, I'll snap a couple of pictures and give my thoughts on the guitar.

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
        Yep. I got a N4...at a KILLER price.

As for a review, I'd be happy to put something together. I'm headed out of town for the weekend for work so when I get back, I'll snap a couple of pictures and give my thoughts on the guitar.

joe...
        Thanks Joe, that's the guitar I've had my eye on for a while...but I've heard mixed things about the tone

Comment

Jess:

I didn't have any time to take any pictures but for the most part, it's a standard version N4.

The guitar is SUPER light, almost to a point where you don't even know you're wearing a guitar. It comes with the BuzzFretting system but honestly, I can't tell the difference, hardly. The body is SMALL, smaller than my DNKY's I have, in fact, probably the smallest body I have. Also, the body is done in a natural finish, no outside protection, so, spill your beer on it and it will probably soak into the guitar. The neck joint on this is unique to the N4 and it does give you 22 fret access without any problems. Neck profile is pretty nice for my hands. I'd say it's close to some of my early SanDimans Charvels...just thin and flat enough to make it work. The Bill Lawarence XL500 (I think) in the bridge does a great job on that guitar. I've had the XL500 in other guitars and it sucked. The overall construction on the guitar looks good, the finish, the frets....all done good. My only disappointment is the neck position, it's sort-a muddy, almost like you've got it the tone pot off. Maybe I'll throw something else into it. Maybe a P90??? Now, all of my 'testing' has been on my Peavey PAG that I have at low, bedroom volumes. I hope to take this guitar to practice or better yet, to a show and give it a real work out.

So, if you've got the extra money laying around and nothing to do with it, this would be a nice guitar to add to your collection.

joe...

Comment

Working...
          X