HNGD: SX Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNGD: SX Tele

I received my BSB SX Tele yesterday from Mr. UPS.

These were being blown out on ebay for $60. I have never had a Tele so I'm thinking, what the heck, for $60 + shipping - live.com cash back and an ebay coupon, what is there to lose?

It is a very very nice guitar. Will it replace my Fenders? I don't think so, but to goof around on, it's great.

The build quality is flawless. The p/u's are ok especially for my style. I only play for relaxation purposes in my office. The action is set a little higher than I like, so I'll need to lower the action, just a tad. The fingerboard is extremely easy to fret. The only odd issue is the neck is like a '50's style baseball neck, not like my strats at all. I'm hoping that I'll adjust as I have a '57 Gibson RI that has a similar neck and I enjoy the Gibby.

The color was the reason for the blow out price. The one I received is more of a mustard color that isn't very opaque but there is some transparency to it and I actually like the color.

Here are a couple of photos:

Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-25-2009, 01:11 PM.

and a few more:

Comment

Congrats!

Nice! I wondered about those SX-es, never heard of anyone buying one. I held a righty once, felt OK, solid. You can't hardly go wrong for $60, can you? Like the color on yours too, my '84 Tokai is a similar mustardy yellow, white pickguard on that though. Grattis! (congrats)
      va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
      Originally posted by chilton
      Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
      www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Thanks, This thing is very heavy too. I don't know the exact weight as we haven't had a scale in the house since ours broke about 10 years ago, but it has to be around 8 or 9 lbs.

I received a Mark Knopfler music book (Kill To Get Crimson) in the mail today, so I've been sitting around noodling to some new tunes. I know, wrong guitar for Mark Knopfler, but I won't tell if you don't. The neck is starting to feel a bit more comfortable.

I'm really starting to like this thing, but in the same vein, it's not going to make you forget your Gibsons, Fenders, or other higher priced guits.
        Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-25-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

$60? Are they still available?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            $60? Are they still available?
            I saw them on the Rondo site for $80 now. Originally on ebay they had 15 available and I think they went fast so Mr. Rondo decided to up the price a bit.

Here is a link to the web page:

http://www.rondomusic.com/stl50left.html

Comment

Working...
            X