Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Sorry I haven't popped in earlier. I refer a lot of lefties to this site if they're looking to trade.

Anyways...this is me....

And these are my electrics...

Nice to meet ya, and I'll probably keep pushin' other lefties your way if they're looking to buy and sell.

that LP Custom is to die for, that's a pretty good collection there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      that LP Custom is to die for, that's a pretty good collection there.
      Hey Jess, nice seein' ya.

Yeah...she's my number 1. A 1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom I picked up over the holidays for 1700 dollars. I rewired it front to back with Gibson Burstbucker Pros, new pots, and Sprague Orange drop caps. The keys, tailpiece and bridge are original (I pulled 'em off and cleaned 'em), and the guitar was refretted by a luthier who has over 30 years experience. (Medium wide, just short of a jumbo fret....great for bending.)

BTW: Did you ever get that note on that White Custom I found for you?

Comment

jesus

that's a killer collection

are all those lp's and es series axes gibsons?

i know that the wine red studio and the '80 custom are obviously
        Originally posted by metalchurch
        I had my ball sack appraised one time.
        ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
          jesus

that's a killer collection

are all those lp's and es series axes gibsons?

i know that the wine red studio and the '80 custom are obviously
          Hey Lost, nice to meet you.

Nope...they're not all Gibsons. Just the 2. Although all the guitars have been modded to no end.

The Studio is an '06 that has Seymour Duncan Blackouts, Planet Wave Locking tuners and a Gotoh Aluminum tailpiece. I tweaked it to be a shredder once I got the Custom for vintage tones. It's a great guitar. I like the SD's better than the EMG's for what I do, and it's definitely one of those "plug it in and blow your head off" kind of guitars.

The HC is a 2005 Epiphone standard, and it's a major sleeper. I wouldn't have any qualms about playing this out vs. my Gibsons. It came with Planet Waves tuners, and I installed Gibson Burstbucker 2/3's into it along with new pots and Sprague Orange drop caps. It has a very rich, mellow sound along with the 60's style neck that is really fast. I bought it used for 400 bucks with an SKB case and it's the guitar I tend to travel with. I absolutely love that guitar.

Unlike the black custom which is my b!tch.

It's a '07 Epi Custom I bought new. It's been a love/hate relationship. Right now it's running EMG 81/85's, but in light of my collection I'm half wondering if I should throw some P-90 variants into it just for a different flavor. Either way, it's a backup guitar for the Studio, and I spent waaay too much in mods on it. It's got Sperzel locking tuners, bone nut, graphtech superbridge, Tonepros System II tailpiece, and just about every other mod short of the body and the fretboard. It's gone though 3 sets of pickups...and it sounds nice right now (The graphtech bridge helped it along a bit), but it's just not the sleeper the other Epi is, and it can't touch the Gibsons. Sometimes that's the way it goes....

I noticed you were a Gibby fan. Do you like Heritage guitars much? (Or some of the variants like Tokai, Orville or Burny?)

EDIT: Almost forgot about the archtops.

ES's? No way! Too much money.

The red one is, believe it or not, a cheap Rondo SX GG5 that I modded with Gotoh tuners, Tonepros System II bridge, and Gibson 490/498's. It also has a harness that was made by ToneMojo that features Pio caps which are about as close as you can get to the bumblebee caps of old. (I did a demo or two of that guitar online as well. This is the last one I cut a few days ago. I WISH they made a left version of the ES-339. I'd love to get my hands on that one!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Noe...e=channel_page

The other guitar is a Sheraton II I just bought. I'm likin' it so far...really fast neck, and it's lighter than my 335 clone. I put a P-94 into the bridge along with some Gibson Modern machine heads and a Tonepros System II bridge and tailpiece. It's got such a nice tone I'm half tempted to get an Iommi pickup for the bridge....
          Last edited by The_Sentry; 04-04-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

real nice collection man

Comment

yeah, i've considered a sheraton, but i dont like the way the korean and chinese epiphones play

i've been looking at the heritage doublecut les paul and that's probably what i'm going to get instead of a les paul custom because gibson has really bad quality control
              I had my ball sack appraised one time.
              ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sentry View Post

BTW: Did you ever get that note on that White Custom I found for you?
                Yea I almost pulled the trigger on it, but I got sidetracked by the Ernie Ball JP6 model and now I'd feel bad dropping another 2k.

Comment

Working...
                X