Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi Hollow

G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi Hollow

Semi solid mahogany body with maple top, gun oil tinted birds eye neck and fingerboard, locking tuners with F spaced Duncan JB in the bridge and G&L bucker in the neck. Mini switch coil taps both pickups simultaneously.

more ...

Some of you might have guessed that I'm a bit of a G&L nut !

Comment

what does it sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        what does it sound like?
        That's a good question ! Kinda hard to pin this one down, it probably has more in common with a Les Paul or 335 than a Tele. The humbuckers give it plenty of grunt and the maple board keeps the sound snappy and bright. The coil taps do give it a fairly decent Tele tone but as the bridge pickup isn't angled it doen't sound quite the same, it is missing that twang. Neck pickup gives a decent jazz tone in clean mode but is also great for blues or rock.

Comment

I don't like the headstock shape but the rest of it is sexxxeh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            I think it looks better than a standard tele headstock though...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              I used to think the same. I got fed up waiting for Fender to make a lefty Tele with a neck humbucker, or a semi, so I took the plunge and ordered a G&L Bluesboy semi hollow in April of 2008 from Wolfe guitars in Florida.

That thing is the dogs danglies ! As soon as I picked it up and played it the headstock shape was of no significance at all.

I now have multiple G&Ls, I received a solid Bluesboy just two days ago and I have an ASAT Special with the large MFDs on the way. Pics to follow of those !

Comment

Yeah it's more nit-picking than anything, end of the day you've got to go with what's available and nearly everything about that guitar is the sex.

Comment

I love both of them!....I really love G&L, and gotta get me one SOON!...

Comment

Working...
                  X