Another new guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guitar

Happened to be at Sam Ash this afternoon and I saw this one hanging in a corner, covered with dust. So I decided to give it a good home.....been looking for a nice fixed-bridge guitar for a while anyway.

nice,love those guitars,almost bought 1 myself
    HUCK
    Marshall AVT Valvestate 200(275watt)

Comment

Nice, I always like colour co-ordination and the way the binding goes with the hardware and frames the flat black is sexy. Are those proper EMGs or those nasty HZ things though? Swap for some SD Blackouts!

Comment

Those are proper EMG's 81/60. Got one of these myself. Next stop... Getting ESP to build me an Iron Cross lefty.

Richard Z. Kruspe plays one of these. It can be seen in the Völkerball DVD

Strangely enough; the ESP lefty version of this guitar has the flag inlays backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Nice, I always like colour co-ordination and the way the binding goes with the hardware and frames the flat black is sexy. Are those proper EMGs or those nasty HZ things though? Swap for some SD Blackouts!
          Pickups are EMG-81 at the bridge and EMG-60 at the neck. This guitar is very well made for an LTD....set neck, ebony board, locking tuners, no cosmetic flaws to be found. The neck is super smooth too. Highly recommended.
          Last edited by Incendius; 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchDevil6 View Post
            Strangely enough; the ESP lefty version of this guitar has the flag inlays backwards.
            And the ESP version has only 22 frets. Never quite understood why they did that.

Comment

Cool. Yeah the EMG custom shop are pretty good like that, and I've seen plenty of hot customs (I love the pink camo Stef Carpenter one) from there but being a SevenString.org fanboy I'm surrounded by awesome luthiers doing pretty much anything people can come up on there for very competitive prices (not to plug too much!), there's an insane amount of talent on there - Mike Sherman, Roter, Oni, Hufschmid, Illustrated Luthier, Elysian, KxK, Sims, Jaden Rose, Razar, e.t.c.

They do 6's too!
              Last edited by Pauly; 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

My next LTD lefty will be the Black Cherry, it's sooooooo sexy. I'm going to put either a ZW set or a KK set in it; not sure yet.

Comment

Working...
                X