NGD again! Agile PS-900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD again! Agile PS-900

Last one for a while for me. I sold off my Silverburst AL2K quick and took a minor hit on it but still got enough to cover my new baby...

This might be the nicest playing guitar I have. The neck and fret board feel very good to me and the body contours to me very well. It feels very similar to playing my Strat but better as the 24.75" scale makes it easier to hit the low frets and it has better upper fret access. I also really like that it has 24 frets.

There is one problem with the electronics that is causing a fuzzy/muddy tone no matter what pickup or settings you're on. The neck pup is unusable because of this issue...the bridge can be used with tweaked amp settings but even then it cracks and pops like a dusty vinyl. I'm going to fix this myself and I may just gut the current electronics and do new wiring/pots/caps/jack...maybe even new pickups.

I paid just under $215 for it...drove 4 hours round trip to get it too. Even with the electronics problem I don't regret it one bit. I don't ever see myself getting rid of this one. That's actually why this is probably my last NGD for a while. I just can't see myself selling off this, my SG, or my Strat.
    http://soundcloud.com/djxer0

Yea, those are sweet, there was one for sale locally for awhile with the older headstock and a discontinued model. I like it very much but he wanted 400 for it so just not worth that much when there are many choices in that range.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

that thing is beautiful, I've always wanted one. What SD pickup is in it now?

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
        Yea, those are sweet, there was one for sale locally for awhile with the older headstock and a discontinued model. I like it very much but he wanted 400 for it so just not worth that much when there are many choices in that range.
        Was that listed on Craigslist? Had a blue flame finish?

If so I think I saw that one going for $350 on there recently. Freaking beautiful guitar and a bit overpriced but from what I understand these things are becoming pretty rare so I can see where the seller is coming from. Not too many people on the Agile forum willing to part with theirs...someone was recently on there asking to buy one and got no serious responses that I know of.

Rondo/Agile doesn't make the PS line at all anymore...probably didn't want any issues with PRS I'd guess...I don't know what the actual story is. They offer the Hawker now which is different enough but IMO a bit hideous...

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        that thing is beautiful, I've always wanted one. What SD pickup is in it now?
        If you come across one I'd snatch it up...I love this thing.

Not sure which SD it is...I need to pull the pups actually so I can try to identify them. I'll let you know once I do. Maybe tomorrow.
        http://soundcloud.com/djxer0

Comment

Working...
        X