More trouble at home tonight..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trouble at home tonight..

looks like the family room couch is all mine tonight.

HNAD to me and the wife is not happy at all.

I picked up a Hot Rod Deluxe today for a steal. My wife doesn't understand that we (my friend, that my wife thinks is a bad influence) worked the seller down to less than $250 for the amp, cover, and foot pedal. The amp is in great shape, though it reeks a bit (it has been banished to the back yard for a couple of days) of cigarette smoke.

The only issue is the missing nut and washer on the one input, BFD.

I have also learned quickly that 40 watts of tube amp can make neighbors real cranky.

I'll take some pics tomorrow. After reading Olav in another thread, I think he needs someone to join him!!!!

Got most of the smell gone by letting it sit outside for a couple of days. I still haven't found the time to clean it up, but hopefully I can do that while watching the Cubs game tonight!!!

This puppy gets loud...I think I had a bit of a Sunami going in the pool yesterday.

Here are a few shots:

not really to much to see...an amp is an amp, right.

Comment

an amp is an amp, but it's YOUR NEW AMP, so that makes it special
      Resident Charvel/Jackson Freak

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Now that certainly is worth a few nights on the couch. I've got a number of Fender amps, but would love one of those, especially at that price. Ya just couldn't pass that one up without questioning your sanity. It would be crazy not to jump on that deal...

Comment

Originally posted by bob_amos View Post
          Now that certainly is worth a few nights on the couch. I've got a number of Fender amps, but would love one of those, especially at that price. Ya just couldn't pass that one up without questioning your sanity. It would be crazy not to jump on that deal...
          Thanks, there could be even more time on the couch very soon.

My buddy was at a pawn shop the day, called me and says, "dude, I've got an amp to go with your EPI". I tried to tell him that I didn't need another amp and thought that he heard me. 15 minutes later he calls me to tell me I need to stop by and pick up the amp. 50 bucks for an EPI "EPSC210".

I had never heard of the amp so did a little reseach and found out it is a (2)30 watt stereo chorus w/2 10" speakers in tweed. It will be more of a show piece than an actual working amp, though my friend said it sounded pretty good in the store.

He also picked up a pignose 7-100 w/the AC adapter for $15. That's a steal.

Comment

Me likey. (plenty room on my couch, crawdozer)
            [lazy mode]What's the difference between the Deluxe and the Deville?
            [/lazy mode]
            Would that Deluxe be a good amp for loud rock'n'roll?
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
              Me likey. (plenty room on my couch, crawdozer)
              [lazy mode]What's the difference between the Deluxe and the Deville?
              [/lazy mode]
              Would that Deluxe be a good amp for loud rock'n'roll?
              The deluxe is a 40W w/a 12" speaker. The deville comes in 2 versions, one is a Deluxe 212 that has 2 12's and is rated at 60Watts and the second one is a 410 that has 4 10"ers and is also rated at 60 watts.

Is it loud enough for RnR??? With the volume set at 2, my dog leaves the room and hides. That could just be my playing though!!!! I think the is an amp will put drummers back where they belong.

Comment

Working...
              X