Nice present from my buddy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice present from my buddy!!

Last week I did a favor for one of my friends. He called me up today and said I needed to come over to take photos of a couple of guitars for him. I took photos of a few and the 3rd one he brings out is a late 80's lefty Epiphone S600 series (I think, I have to research the exact model) strat style guitar. He said you like, it's yours. What can I say, totally unexpected and definitely very unnecessary.

Considering it is over 20 years old, it is in good shape and it came with a HSC. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the chance to clean her up a bit.

It isn't as nice as all these fancy Teles swimming around here, but to me it's worth a million bucks.
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-09-2010, 10:56 PM.

That is awesome.

I always wondered how those Epi strats would hold up compared to a Fender.
    http://soundcloud.com/djxer0

Comment

Here are a couple of quick pics:

She ain't in the greatest of shape, but for 20+ years old, she is ok. Notice how it is strung!!! The strings are wound incorrectly at the tuners. OOPS.

I plugged her in for a bit and she doesn't sound to bad at all. The switch is scratchy, but that's to be expected I would assume do to lack of playing time. I was told the guitar has been hanging on a wall for the last 10+ years.
      Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-12-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Here is where I need help.

When I removed the decals from the backside I noticed the area below one of them is scratched up pretty bad.

What can I do to try and bring the finish back to life???

Comment

maybe the pictures blocked at work but I just had to post this...

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
            Here is where I need help.

When I removed the decals from the backside I noticed the area below one of them is scratched up pretty bad.

What can I do to try and bring the finish back to life???
            Try some of your automotive products like tutle wax ... if that does'nt help it's probably beyond help ... wrap her up and maybe just refinish the back ?
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
              Try some of your automotive products like turtle wax ... if that doesn't help it's probably beyond help ... wrap her up and maybe just refinish the back ?
              That's what I was thinking.. I'll take her to the auto parts store when I get the opportunity. I'm sure they'll have some idea on what to use.

It really isn't as bad as the photo depicts, it just bugs the s..t out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                maybe the pictures blocked at work but I just had to post this...

Good call...bet you didn't see that one coming???

I was looking for some music to play.

Dropping some RC in the player now, a little "Why don't we all get stoned" to help me work through the nite.

Comment

Epi superstrat? Sweet! That looks like the same trem as on the Class Axe era Platinum series BC Rich guitars.

Comment

waddup crawdawg; mebbe you could scotchbrite the whole body, to dull it down. After that apply clearcoat (3-4coats) then buff the bejeezus out of it. Give it a nice deep shine.
                    check reranch for 'professional' advice
                    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                    Originally posted by chilton
                    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Wow ..That brings back memories...That was the first REAL lefty
                      i ever had... same color and everything...I paid $300's for it.
                      I want to say late 80's....Congrat's nothing like a free guitar!
                      GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

Comment

It's screaming for a Dimarzio in the bridge, dont hear it's wail ?
                        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

I stopped at the auto parts store and they suggested rubbing compound to clean the back up a bit. While I was there, I picked up some polish too.

Rubbed her up a bit, then I polished her bottom side and she came out pretty good.

Thanks B

Comment

Looks much better now.

Comment

Thanks B, I'm hoping to restring and really clean her up over the weekend....if I can find the time.

This work work work crap is really cramping my style. My wife keeps telling me I'm a 50+yo that acts like a 12yo and I'm beginning to believe her.

PS: She now has a name. "Lady" as in Lady in Red.

Comment

Working...
                              X