MIJ floyd rose strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ floyd rose strat

I bought this about a week ago, though I haven't received it yet. It's a standard japanese strat from around 1986 with a floyd rose retrofitted. Can someone who has one tell me what to expect in terms of quality and playability? I'm pretty sure I'll change the bridge pickup.

Looks like flat pole ceramics, which are very chimey ... underrated ... some of the better ceramics made. I doubt the owner had them on there, prob put them back before the sale but prob original ones with the guitar.. Ya know floyd with ceramics ? ... does'nt add up. Cool find though.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

Very nice looking guitar. Looks like the previous owner has also altered the electronics. As far as quality, IMO the MIJ's are second to none. I have 4 or 5 (it's early) MIJ strats and they are all spot on.

I don't know what your preference is regarding necks, but your new guitar being a kinda, sorta early 70's RI should have the thin neck.

Regarding the Floyd Rose, I can't help you. I had a FR strat at one time and we just didn't get along.

Congrats and Enjoy

Comment

thanks for the replies. I agree floyd and standard pickups doesn't really add up, so I'll put a dimarzio or seymour duncan single spacked bucker in the bridge

I'm a metal guitarist and only play guitars with floyd roses so no problem there. thin neck is definitely a bonus

apparently it belonged to someone called Craig Welton who is something of a minor celebrity in the US (I haven't heard of him either)

Comment

That's an awesome guitar, but I couldn't live with a floyd and a single coil in the bridge. I'd be on the first bus to pickup swap city.

Comment

That is an awesome guitar. So how many '80s MiJ strats does that make on this board?
            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
            Originally posted by chilton
            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

I don't know, but I'd certainly like to see some others.

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                That is an awesome guitar. So how many '80s MiJ strats does that make on this board?
                I have one strat and one bass ... and long for a lefty JV serial ...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM.
                Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

and here I was about to order stuff from musikraft to get that exact kind of strat (70's style, Floyd,thin neck).

Awesome find, man!
                  Last edited by Skyless; 03-09-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

cheers, I have it and can confirm the neck is outstanding

Comment

HNGD ~! Light her up~!

Comment

A few pics of what it looks like now...pickup upgraded to dimarzio fast track 2, changed covers to black

Comment

Working...
                        X