Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My first build

    Whew, finished my first build ... I won a lefty blonde ProTone body on ebay and that's where it all started ..
    Body ProTone Blonde left-handed mary kay ash body
    Neck Squier Standard -Righty
    Bridge American Vintage Reissue
    Pickguard faded mint off my other ProTone
    Knobs and covers, old parts I had, aged them with coffee, the knobs go from 0-10, so technically these go to 11 ...lol
    Electronics from MIM strat, CTS, 5 way, ceramic pups
    Hennesey strap locks



    With my ProTone:
    Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-04-2010, 05:09 PM.
    Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

  • #2
    Nice going there Allroy! ConStratulations.
    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
    Originally posted by chilton
    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
    www.dutchcassidy.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Loooooking Gooooood!!! That is very purty.

      Funny how in the last photo, the angle of the shot distorts the scale to make your newby's body to look like a "Start on Steroids" compared to you original PT.

      Enjoy.

      PS: Please tell me about this Java aging process. And after the coffee, does the guitar sit there at midnight and say, "Psst, hey B, I'm not tired yet, hows about a couple more tunes"?
      Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-05-2010, 06:56 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
        Loooooking Gooooood!!! That is very purty.

        Funny how in the last photo, the angle of the shot distorts the scale to make your newby's body to look like a "Start on Steroids" compared to you original PT.

        Enjoy.

        PS: Please tell me about this Java aging process. And after the coffee, does the guitar sit there at midnight and say, "Psst, hey B, I'm not tired yet, hows about a couple more tunes"?
        Yes, it whines as much as the cats ... lol
        The big headstock gives it the HGH added hulking look which I like alot....
        With the coffee I took room temperatue coffee, put it in the microwave for 2 minutes in a bowl, then I put the plastic pieces in the bowl left it all in the mocrowave to preserve the heat, went to the music store for about a half hour or so, came back and took em out.

        Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-05-2010, 07:18 AM.
        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

        Comment


        • #5
          I love the big headstock, ever think of re-logo'ing it so it's right side up on the reverse headstock? Could be cool?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            I love the big headstock, ever think of re-logo'ing it so it's right side up on the reverse headstock? Could be cool?
            Thanks Jesse. Nahhh, I'll keep an eye out to upgrade it. Standard is ok, but not worth that kind of effort. I'll upgrade the pickups eventually too.
            Last edited by AllroyPA; 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM.
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

            Comment


            • #7
              You should definitely get the same pups I've got in my 7ender MiJ strat, haven't got a clue what they're called, so this is of no help whatsoever to you, just thought I'd mention they are awesome.
              va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
              Originally posted by chilton
              Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
              www.dutchcassidy.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Olav View Post
                You should definitely get the same pups I've got in my 7ender MiJ strat, haven't got a clue what they're called, so this is of no help whatsoever to you, just thought I'd mention they are awesome.
                Are they staggered or flat poles ?
                Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AllroyPA View Post
                  Are they staggered or flat poles ?
                  Staggered. Original I believe, not sure though. Complete n00b in that departement. With poles for G and D lower than the surrounding poles. I'll try to get a close shot in daylight tomorrow. (working nightshift, leaving home within the hour, so tommorrow...) I never shot the pups when I first received and cleaned up the guitar. The covers on mine weren't colored with coffee and under lab conditions, they stank to high heaven and stuck to the PG. All nicotiney and beery and sweaty and skin and eeewl so I switched to new white covers. Seeing yours I'm inclined to try the cafeine bath, that looks javariffic.
                  va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                  Originally posted by chilton
                  Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                  www.dutchcassidy.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey B:

                    Great trick with the coffee. My wife just happened to leave a full cup of coffee sitting on the counter and I followed your instructions minus the music store and walla, they look great.

                    Thanks,

                    M
                    Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-05-2010, 05:15 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here is my '86 MIJ before its first cup of Joe:



                      and after that first refreshing cup from Ricardo Montalbonn:



                      I have never had a cup of coffee in my life, but I need to make sure my wife has one or two tomorrow so I can do the whammy bar and switch tips.

                      Great stuff

                      EDIT: The parchment pickguard is brand new also. A local store manufactured it to fit perfectly w/o drilling any new holes and for only $40 installed.
                      Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-05-2010, 05:20 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post


                        I have never had a cup of coffee in my life, but I need to make sure my wife has one or two tomorrow so I can do the whammy bar and switch tips.
                        Great stuff
                        Is'nt that amazing top project Mike! I may have to buy that coffee as yours came out pretty rich ~! I hope the plastic on the tip and the bar takes as well, I suppose diffent plastics are more porous than others.
                        Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Olav View Post
                          Staggered. Original I believe, not sure though. Complete n00b in that departement. With poles for G and D lower than the surrounding poles. I'll try to get a close shot in daylight tomorrow. (working nightshift, leaving home within the hour, so tommorrow...) I never shot the pups when I first received and cleaned up the guitar. The covers on mine weren't colored with coffee and under lab conditions, they stank to high heaven and stuck to the PG. All nicotiney and beery and sweaty and skin and eeewl so I switched to new white covers. Seeing yours I'm inclined to try the cafeine bath, that looks javariffic.
                          I have a set of those but the middle pickup copper wind broke, might have to send it out for winding. And they're righty stagger, but that would add to the hendrix vibe with the reverse large headstock.
                          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            wow! nice build allroy!!!!!!!!!how the heck did you come up with the coffee idea?if its your idea,i must say very inventive?i see crawdaddy followed suit as well.i like the results.very cool.the ideas you guys are coming up with and trying inspire me and make me glad to belong to our forum.nice work!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                              wow! nice build allroy!!!!!!!!!how the heck did you come up with the coffee idea?if its your idea,i must say very inventive?i see crawdaddy followed suit as well.i like the results.very cool.the ideas you guys are coming up with and trying inspire me and make me glad to belong to our forum.nice work!
                              Thanks jp ... no,.. the coffee ideas I picked up from others. I think if it can be done with a strat, it's been thought of or done already. That's what makes them so much fun they were made to be very user friendly.
                              Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X