OOPS, I bought another one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS, I bought another one..

She is a 2004 MIM FSR strat in Electron Blue. My friend talked to his friend at Fender and was told that according to the serial number it is from a run of 250 guitars; 125 in blue and 125 in a shade of grey.

It is a brand new 2004 guitar:

Last edited by crawdaddy; 04-13-2010, 11:20 AM.

Nice guitar.

btw maybe you should change your profile name to Stratman ?

Comment

love that colour

Comment

Thanks, my photography doesn't do the color any justice.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawGuy View Post
          Nice guitar.

btw maybe you should change your profile name to Stratman ?

Yeah, every time I'm on the 101 in Scottsdale, for some odd reason, my car always wants to get off at the Fender exit!!!! Don't know why?

Comment

Congrats stratdaddy, sorry crawdaddy, nice axe!

BTW makes me wonder if the neck setup was the reason all these guys before you wanted to sell it. Hmmmm...
            "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

excuse excuses....whats momma gonna say?jk! at least there is someone here who buys more guitars than i do! lake placid blue is it? i was looking at the jaguars in that color.very nice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cotsulas View Post
                Congrats stratdaddy, sorry crawdaddy, nice axe!

BTW makes me wonder if the neck setup was the reason all these guys before you wanted to sell it. Hmmmm...
                That's what I'm thinking. It definitely needed a setup which my friend saw when he bought it, but being a righty, he couldn't get a real feel for the playability.

Or they were both just trying for a quick flip. Lefty's here in the Phoenix area take a while to sell and are usually priced 20 to 30% less than comparable right handed guitars. If someone is a flipper, lefties aren't the way to go at least not on CL.

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                  excuse excuses....whats momma gonna say?jk! at least there is someone here who buys more guitars than i do! lake placid blue is it? i was looking at the jaguars in that color.very nice!!!!
                  I wish I could have taken better shots. It has a great metallic finish on it.

When I picked it up at my buddies, I told my wife he had an extra case for me. Sneaky, I know.

The Fender dude told us the color is "Electron Blue" and it was a special run in 2004. I know they made guitars in this color more recently, but I'm not sure if it ever became a standard color for Fender.

Just for grins and a chance to show off my LPB strat, here is my '62 RI:

Last edited by crawdaddy; 03-17-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X