Fender Strat 1993

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Strat 1993

Probably best if I post pics in groups for individual guitars as a single thread will take to long to load with all of the pics.

First up is my 1993 American Standard Strat. This one has Duncan Classic Strat Live Wire active pickups with a 19v ( two battery) system. The mini toggle is for combining the neck and bridge pickups. Pickguard is a pearl Allparts. The knobs were also changed from white to black, also Allparts.

This one was one of my main guitars when I did gig, a while ago now ! I ordered it with the rosewood board and the rep could not understand why I didn't want a maple board. Of course they only had maple in stock so I had to wait months for it, typical Fender. ( Their distribution in Ireland hasn't improved in the 15 years or so since then ! )

That is a beautiful Strat. How do the Seymours sound?
    Bill Griffith, Paramedic/Firefighter
    terrible guitar player-hey I'm honest

Gear:
    2009 Gibson SG Standard
    2005 American Strat Standard fitted with OFR and Stellartone pot system. Candy Red.
    Marshall JCM 800 2204
    1960A
    TS9

Good Deals with:
    Kramerfan

Comment

Originally posted by Paramedic006 View Post
      That is a beautiful Strat. How do the Seymours sound?
      Thanks ! Those particular Duncans have a typical Fender single coil tone, i.e. very bright and thin. They sound nothing like EMGs or even Reflex active pickups. I got actives installed in it because at the time I was playing in a five piece band with keyboards on small stages and single coil hum and feedback were a major problem. The do have serious output though, with very low or almost no 60 cycle hum, ideal for playing in a wide variety of styles.

Comment

If you ever get rid of it, I may be interested. It's a nice looking strat and I prefer to buy older guitars because they have character, history, and I think built better. The ESP I have is 14 or 15 years old and I think its one of the best ones that I have owned.
        Bill Griffith, Paramedic/Firefighter
        terrible guitar player-hey I'm honest

Gear:
        2009 Gibson SG Standard
        2005 American Strat Standard fitted with OFR and Stellartone pot system. Candy Red.
        Marshall JCM 800 2204
        1960A
        TS9

Good Deals with:
        Kramerfan

Comment

Originally posted by Paramedic006 View Post
          If you ever get rid of it, I may be interested. It's a nice looking strat and I prefer to buy older guitars because they have character, history, and I think built better. The ESP I have is 14 or 15 years old and I think its one of the best ones that I have owned.
          I also have an ESP, ordered it special in about 1990, it is the dogs ! I will post pics of that also.

Comment

Working...
          X