gaskell brumby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaskell brumby

this just arrived today.a lefty built by a company that only builds lefties![IMG]ss88.photobucet.com/albums/ss330/jp529[/IMG]
    i could do a review if you guys would like. lookjs like adding a pic is an epic fail for me sorry not very computer savvy.ill try again now http://ss88.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/jp529
    Last edited by jp529; 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM. Reason: goofed

can someone here blow these pictures up here for me?i dont know how!

Comment

THAT'S HOT ~!
      Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

oooooooooooh, tell us more

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
          oooooooooooh, tell us more
          allroy thanks for blowing this pic up.i gotta figure out how to do that.!i played this beauty for about two hours straight last night.i couldnt put her down!im gonna give you guys the low-down on this later ok?i got some errands to run this morning!stay tuned!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
            allroy thanks for blowing this pic up.i gotta figure out how to do that.!i played this beauty for about two hours straight last night.i couldnt put her down!im gonna give you guys the low-down on this later ok?i got some errands to run this morning!stay tuned!!!!!
            YW ... just copy the 'direct link' from each photo and paste it between the "[img][/img]"
            Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

i took the day off yesterday to stay home and receive the guitar from fed-ex.it arrived about 3pm.i got in on the christmas run of guitars.they were a little backed up and i can see now that it was worth the wait!
              anyways,i opened her up to let it warm up to the room,it had been sitting in a cold truck for four days and lord knows what.
              very happy with my choice in color,the quilted blue is very stiking!especially in different lighting conditions.
              how it plays-gaskell will set it up for any tuning you like.i opted for standard e at the last second,my jackson ke 2 is set up for b and i wanted to have it different so as not having to fiddle with the floyd rose.i also chose a lighter gague of strings.dunlops.i usually use dean markley mediums on everything except my jacksons which i string with di addarios.i plugged in the brumby to a line 6 flextone head to see what kind of sound i could get out of the gates without fiddling with the amps eq. the pickups are the hi output wilkinsons.i asked for emgs,but kevin from gaskell convinced me to give these a try.very gutsy metal sound.action was set up very nicely,the neck radius seems a little thinner than the jackson.volume knob only i think im liking that.i mostly play on the bridge pickup,however i toggled the three-way switch a bit as i played.sometimes i would forget i was on the neck pickup and not the bridge.
              how it feels-im not sure but this guitar feels slightly bigger than my kelly.its very comfortable to play.my picking arm rests well on the body very relaxed position to pick!

Comment

the floyd rose-nice chrome finish,licensed by floyd rose.the whammy bar is a bit tight which im not sure if i like or not.im used to scooping the bar up with my pinky to use it.i was doing dive bombs for a few minutes to try and knock it out of tune with no success.only a little bit of fine tuning on the floyd was required.lockdowns at the nut do their job well!
                dislikes-so far none yet! this guitar is made in china which made me hesitate a little because you know you can get some cheap stuff out of china.i paid in the mid 700's for this guitar.whick is more than reasonable for this quality guitar.guitar also came with hardshell case for that money.very well made guitar at the fraction of the cost of my jackson ke2.this guitar is my jacksons equal.oh yeah this is not a stock item so they are made to order.i put half down in october to start thr run and half when she was ready to ship.communication with gaskell is excellent.they are doing a run of the "iceman"i wanna check that out no pics up on the gaskell site yet! anyway very happy camper here.i see a lotta playing in my schedule today! hope this helps!i think my next guitar is gonna be a gaskell!!!!!!! cheers john

Comment

hows the weather in philly allroy?chicago is snowed out!

Comment

JP:

Very nice looking and I too love the quilted blue. Enjoy

I know you didn't ask, but it's cold out here too....only getting up to 65 today brrrr. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                      JP:

Very nice looking and I too love the quilted blue. Enjoy

I know you didn't ask, but it's cold out here too....only getting up to 65 today brrrr. Sorry
                      ill trade ya!

Comment

^^^^ Sorry, can't do that ^^^^

80's next week, just in time for Spring Training.

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                          hows the weather in philly allroy?chicago is snowed out!
                          Ohh ... worst shoveling ever ~! My arms are so dead my car was just a drift could'nt really see it. Here's a pic from the back yard.

And from the snowmageddon yesterday, we got 20 inches after last weekends 18.
                          Last edited by AllroyPA; 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I just received a phone text email thing from a friend in West Chester, that's near you right? She has had no power for 15 hours, charging the phone in the car, bored stiff, she decided to text me and a couple others about the weather. Heating broke down, pipes are about to freeze up. She and her husband have guests too... Cozy...

What's that you got circled in red?
                            va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                            Originally posted by chilton
                            Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                            www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                              I just received a phone text email thing from a friend in West Chester, that's near you right? She has had no power for 15 hours, charging the phone in the car, bored stiff, she decided to text me and a couple others about the weather. Heating broke down, pipes are about to freeze up. She and her husband have guests too... Cozy...

What's that you got circled in red?
                              Yes chester is south of me a bout a half hour, the red is a chair you can only see the top of it ... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X