I'm an asshole (LTD Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an asshole (LTD Content)

Came across a GOOD deal on an ESP/LTD Alexi-200, completely unnecessary purchase. Will post pics.

I know how difficult it can be to pass up a good deal, and they all seem to be good deals that are unnecessary.

Congrats and HNGD

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
      I know how difficult it can be to pass up a good deal, and they all seem to be good deals that are unnecessary.

Congrats and HNGD
      I'm going to swap in my EMG 81, it should sound pretty good. I got the guitar for a RIDICULOUS price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        I'm going to swap in my EMG 81, it should sound pretty good.
        It will....

I did that to my Alexi-200 and it sounds great. Throw in an Original Floyd Rose and you'll have a guitar that's comparable to any $1000 axe out there.

I originally bought mine to be a cheap beater, turned out to be one of the top 2 or 3 best-playing guitars I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Incendius View Post
          It will....

I did that to my Alexi-200 and it sounds great. Throw in an Original Floyd Rose and you'll have a guitar that's comparable to any $1000 axe out there.

I originally bought mine to be a cheap beater, turned out to be one of the top 2 or 3 best-playing guitars I've ever had.
          is an OFR a direct drop-in replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            is an OFR a direct drop-in replacement?
            Yep, no modifications are necessary. The only difference is the spacing of the spring claw screws (I just kept the stock spring claw).

Comment

Just got in in, more pictures in my gallery...not a bad guitar for the price. I can't wait to drop an 81 in there

Stock pickup is a little weak, but it sounds good at full gain regardless. Guitar is comfortable as a V is going to get. Neck is thin, but don't expect Ibanez Wizard thin. I can't find the whammy bar so I can't comment on the licensed floyd. Binding is nice, fretwork looks decent, maybe could use a little edge work.

Edit: Found the trem bar, it is stable and tight. I see no reason to swap yet.
              Last edited by Jesse; 02-06-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

noiceee!!!!
                GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

Comment

dont beat yourself up for this purchase.jesse i was looking at one of these too.i think i still want one too.good choice an emg 81 dropped in will surely shred!

Comment

I love the way you 'always' seem to find an opportunity to show your Knicks stuff.
                    So does the FR drop in or haven't you gotten round to that yet?
                    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                    Originally posted by chilton
                    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Sweet. I thought about getting one of those but the body just looks enormous (for a Rhoads style V) and I'd look a bit silly chest-rocking it and I wasn't keen on the fret access too, even with the cutaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
                        I love the way you 'always' seem to find an opportunity to show your Knicks stuff.
                        So does the FR drop in or haven't you gotten round to that yet?
                        I'm a hardcore Knicks guy, even though they blow. Right now I don't see a reason to put in an OFR. Right now the trem is working fine and giving me the stability I would expect. The only glaring deficiency in the guitar is the pickup. I have to go back upstate to my parents' house to get my 81.

Comment

Working...
                        X