Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson CS run (10 person, minimum needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson CS run (10 person, minimum needed)

we need 10 people to do a lefty run with Jackson's Custom Shop and there has been a great interest in an Extreme Warrior. we'd have to agree upon the spec's that we would choose because it is a custom, CS runs are only somewhat discounted and usually are completed much faster than average one-of customs. No word on exact price yet but its expected to be around 2-3K.

Specs proposed by Eric wr1:
    Left hand xtreme warrior
    Neck through with a Speed neck like kv2
    EMG's (81 bridge, 85 neck)or SD (invader bridge, full shred neck)[normal config]
    Black pickup bezels
    24 frets (jumbo)
    Ebony fingerboard w/ MOP sharkfins
    head & neck binding (cream[normal] or red)
    no binding over the frets
    base color: black (option: red bevels)
    Jackson style neck
    Headstock: regular or reversed
    body wood: alder or mahogany (might sound better with EMG's)
    Neck wood: quartersawn maple
    Trem: original floyd rose (recessed)
    locking nut
    black hardware
    1 volume, 1 tone (metal dome)
    3 way toggle
    no pick guard (rear routed controls)
    painted neck (black to match body)
    input jack:either a strat type (normal warrior) or oval plate side of body

Could do scalloped heel and horn, but I think the normal warrior already has a little bit of a scalloped heel and horn.

-The List-
    Jackson Extreme Warrior
    ------------------------
    -Eric wr1
    -jp529
    -theherocycle
    -costulas
    -dmccarthy
    (only 5 to go)

i agree to these specs how about the rest of you guys?oh yeah thanks herocycle for grabbing the bull by the horns and starting this thread.
    Last edited by jp529; 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM. Reason: amended

Comment

What does it mean to have binding on the neck, but not on the frets? I kind of like the binding on the USA models. Although, I would be up for red to match the red bevels.
      I like pointy guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
        What does it mean to have binding on the neck, but not on the frets? I kind of like the binding on the USA models. Although, I would be up for red to match the red bevels.
        I think he means just standard binding like on the USA models, I know some companies offer binding over the fret wire it self and thats what I think he means by that statement.

Comment

Who would put binding on the frets?

Ok, that makes sense. We should also make sure we get the "custom shop" logo on the headstock. I've heard that they don't always put that on unless you specify.

Of course, the fact that it is a lefty extreme warrior kind of makes it obvious
          I like pointy guitars.

Comment

i wouldnt mind the custom shop inlay on the headstock..im a little skittish about the red bevels but eric wr1's proposed specs list it as optional.im thinking all black for mine.im hoping that we can get ten lefties to get in on this run.we can all save money!

Comment

I'm hoping there is money to be saved and not just a bump up the line which could be cool though too. Right now we are just trying to see if we can get 10 people interested and then we'll see how much it costs.

I might try out one of my local Jackson dealers with a quote just to see how much it costs doing 1 guitar.

Do you guys want me to do that? Atleast then we would know for sure roughly how much it will cost. Then I could go back to Matt and see if we did a group run if it would save us money or not.

Hell, Ill ask my local dealer if we did a group run of ten if it would affect the price or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                ..im a little skittish about the red bevels but eric wr1's proposed specs list it as optional.im thinking all black for mine...
                I kinda like the idea of red bevels, I have enough solid black guitars personally, but really I could go either way I just want to get the ball rolling on this, Im really excited about it. And I too am for the Custom Shop logo

Originally posted by Eric_wr1 View Post
                ..I might try out one of my local Jackson dealers with a quote just to see how much it costs doing 1 guitar...
                That sounds good to me, let us know, I might have to go that way if we cant find ten people

Comment

trouble in paradise

um I remembered this thread I started on JCF about trying to get a limited run going.. there were problems about it being a custom shape.. and.. well I'll let you read.
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85592

the situation made me get on board with the Ran custom shop (currently being built)

Comment

I agree that getting some real pricing info based on what we've agreed upon so far would be good. Depending, we might lose some people or gain some.

I'm with theherocycle on wanting something that wasn't all black. If red is a little aggressive, maybe silver bevels? Just something that would highlight the cool shape.
                    I like pointy guitars.

Comment

what about getting a price from southpaw guitars?they are known to do ten runs .they may be apt to cover the other five open slots to begin the run.i think they would have little difficulty selling the other five unspoken guitars.just an idea to get this moving.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeroCycle View Post
                        um I remembered this thread I started on JCF about trying to get a limited run going.. there were problems about it being a custom shape.. and.. well I'll let you read.
                        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85592

the situation made me get on board with the Ran custom shop (currently being built)
                        Damn! That sucks. So it would have to be a regular model with regular paint I bet as well. No custom graphics either I bet or swirl paint jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_wr1 View Post
                          Damn! That sucks. So it would have to be a regular model with regular paint I bet as well. No custom graphics either I bet or swirl paint jobs.
                          yes if you want a discount, limited run discounted prices only apply to production models, and the extreme warrior is not a production model so we should expect to pay custom prices. But please dont let me discourage your research, I'm still on board if we decide to do this.

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                          what about getting a price from southpaw guitars?they are known to do ten runs .they may be apt to cover the other five open slots to begin the run.i think they would have little difficulty selling the other five unspoken guitars.just an idea to get this moving.....
                          that is a good idea actually, still expect to pay through the nose though.

Comment

About where are we on pricing?

And would they consider dropping in some Bare Knuckle humbuckers? My wife is off to England next week, and I'm going to ask her if she can pick me up some.

Comment

Which model BKP's are you considering? There's almost too many to pick from.

It seems like the Nailbombs are popular in Jacksons, but then I know some people prefer the Painkillers.
                              I like pointy guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X