Group buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group buys

Have any of you considered or wanted to do a group buy? I know on the Jackson forum that the custom shop will do a limited run if they get atleast 10 people that will put the cash down for a particular guitar (they send the money to the dealer for a spot). The price wasn't too bad either, however this was before the ungodly price hike about a year or two ago.

I'm curious if other manufacturers would do that if we got enough people that wanted a certain guitar, they would build it for us at a dicounted rate?

Have any of you tried this?

I think Agile does those, I wouldn't mind a 7 string...

Comment

I'd bet Schecter would. They like to make funky prototypes.

Comment

group buys were actually one of my main motivators for starting up this website, strength in numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_wr1 View Post
          Have any of you considered or wanted to do a group buy? I know on the Jackson forum that the custom shop will do a limited run if they get atleast 10 people that will put the cash down for a particular guitar (they send the money to the dealer for a spot). The price wasn't too bad either, however this was before the ungodly price hike about a year or two ago.

I'm curious if other manufacturers would do that if we got enough people that wanted a certain guitar, they would build it for us at a dicounted rate?

Have any of you tried this?
          It would be cool to do a group think like the JCF1. I guess the biggest problem is that we have only 100's on the board versus the 1000's on the JCF where finding 10 people with similar interest was easier.

I still like the idea and would be willing to jump in if the make/model was cool. Nothing to radical where it's not playable live that is.

joe...

Comment

I'd be more than willing to jump on board a lefty group buy pending I liked the specs and/or if it were a Jackson. Someone throw some ideas out there.

Comment

id like to get in on a jackson warrior run.tax season being just around the corner.

Comment

I think it's Matt's guitar on the Jackson forum that does it. I'm curious if there would be more companies besides Jackson that would do this such as Ibanez or the dreaded lefty unfreindly Caparison.

I would love to have a lefty xiphos or an Ibanez 7 string or a Caparison TAT (II) or a Jackson Extreme warrior.

Extreme warrior picture:

Comment

Dude, That thing is freakin wicked!!! I love it!!!
                  GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

Comment

eric please post your collection as i am partial to jacksons and points.do you have more than two.excellent choices in an axe!!!!!looks badass with reverse headstock!!!!it has to be a custom job right????thanks for posting pics of your guitars we wanna see more ok???????the neon green is tight man.this could be up for gom!!!!wait a sec is this a lefty mirrored reverse???????you have fine taste in axes my friend.we all need a b.c. rich stealth.i would be in on that run.id like a seventh string but have never played one if i tuned to be on my low e.........would i drop tune string 7 to harmonicaly pitch b down?b on my sixth is crushing..........i sit and wonder what it would do for my playing!tuning to b makes the e a little rubbery but manageable.as far as im concerned b seems heavy enough....ive been reading here about players wanting seven and have been pondering to take the leap.part of the problem is that i am old school.sorry about the rant.im just wondering if im missing out on a dimension of my playing. john

Comment

lefty xiphos!!!!!!I would be in on that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jp529 View Post
                        eric please post your collection as i am partial to jacksons and points.do you have more than two.excellent choices in an axe!!!!!looks badass with reverse headstock!!!!it has to be a custom job right????thanks for posting pics of your guitars we wanna see more ok???????the neon green is tight man.this could be up for gom!!!!wait a sec is this a lefty mirrored reverse???????you have fine taste in axes my friend.we all need a b.c. rich stealth.i would be in on that run.id like a seventh string but have never played one if i tuned to be on my low e.........would i drop tune string 7 to harmonicaly pitch b down?b on my sixth is crushing..........i sit and wonder what it would do for my playing!tuning to b makes the e a little rubbery but manageable.as far as im concerned b seems heavy enough....ive been reading here about players wanting seven and have been pondering to take the leap.part of the problem is that i am old school.sorry about the rant.im just wondering if im missing out on a dimension of my playing. john
                        I just have the warrior and a schecter baritone as far as guitars go right now. I had a king v that I sold locally to a young lefty shredder so it got a good home. I never played the king v after I got the warrior. I posted the picture of the extreme warrior since that is probably the only picture I have ever seen of one.

The picture above is the guy from Viral Load and his righty guitar that I found online. He is in the Jackson forum from time to time and that guitar is killer. I would love to have a lefty version of that extreme warrior.
                        Last edited by Eric_wr1; 12-23-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Here's another picture from the Jackson forum of an extreme warrior. I definitely want one of these in a lefty format.

Comment

wow............................................... ..........................

Comment

beautifully deadly!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X