Testing Waters: Ibanez Jem 777 reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippin44 View Post
    I'd be in for a good replica. Ibanez douchetards clearly aren't interested in me or my business.
    It truly is ridiculous. I just wish I knew who made them, I still think it's perle but he probably had to stop advertising it.

"Hey, stop making guitars we refuse to make!"

Comment

So I don't know how much he would do, but I've dealt with Chris Mai of Mai Guitars before, he does great work. I know he makes ibanez bodies but i dont know if he could do a replica like that. Might be worth hitting him up.

Comment

Sims also does original JEM 777 replicas. However, as of last year, Patrick Sims will no longer place the Ibanez Logo on the build because IBANEZ will sue him. I ordered a green lefty JEM 777 from him last year.

WARNING: There is probably a very good chance I will NEVER see the $2,300 JEM that I ordered from Patrick Sims last year. He will quote you 4 months......he will ask for half the money upfront, then you'll never hear from him unless he needs something (like more money, which yes he asked for and my dumb ass gave him $300 more dollars and the Edge Trem to go on the guitar). You will have to practically break down his door to get status updates.

Now, well over a year later, still no guitar. Still no status update on where we are on the project, or what the new ETA is. He basically takes your money, runs, then only gives you an answer if you're lucky after begging for an update for weeks if not months.

Check his BBB rating. It's a disaster. I'm going to give him a little longer, then I may have to take him to court to get my money back.

It's a damn shame. From what I hear, he makes a very good product.....but DAMN he's a horrible HORRIBLE business man.
        Last edited by LEFTYGUITARFREAK; 03-05-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Not a confidence-inspiring review lol

Comment

I collect knives and there are many custom makers. A custom knife maker would never dream of asking for a partial payment up front. Never. In fact, if a custom maker asks for money up front it would kill the deal. It just doesn't work that way. Up front payments cause way too many problems.
            Last edited by Zippin44; 03-05-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I read up on Sims, but his work appears to be the best. Sent him an email with a proposal with very specific demands (deadline dates, phone contact, etc.). Subtly noted that I was an attorney. Will see how he responds.

Comment

Read the Sims horror stories before you commit, Jesse.

Comment

He denied that he makes them lol, oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                    Not a confidence-inspiring review lol
                    Then it did its job 😂 Learn from my mistake.
                    Ha! You should have little to no confidence in Sims/Patrick Sims. There is a very good chance he ripped me off.....we shall see. If he comes through, then I will write very positive reviews online and praise him. However, I highly doubt that will happen. He is not a professional in any way when it comes to how to properly treat paying customers. Very expensive lesson learned. Very possible future legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                      He denied that he makes them lol, oh well!
                      He probably doesn't make them anymore.....but when him and I "did business together" last year, he sure did make them. I am surprised he's still in business and hasn't been sued to death (not by Ibanez......by his "customers" that he fucks).

Comment

Could you be talking about Cristopher Woods by any chance? I never did business with the guy, buy it seems he is serious about JEM replicas:

Comment

d173378014c52b961cf637d5f3f2d30a.jpg
                          has there ever been one of these in lefty? It looks so awesome! I like this specific version... thanks
                          The only lefty ones i've seen are the white ones for like $550. I have no desire for a neon , loud guitar but this is very cool.
                          Last edited by DaveGH; 10-12-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

What is the difference between what you were asking for in the original post and the JEM777 that is being released son?
                            Resident Schecter fanboy - Line 6 - NYXL - too much gain

This user has gone 130 days without purchasing a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by superheavydeathmetal View Post
                              What is the difference between what you were asking for in the original post and the JEM777 that is being released son?
                              absolutely nothing!

Comment

Working...
                              X