Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Waters: Ibanez Jem 777 reissue

THERE IS NOTHING HAPPENING YET

I emailed Dave at XLG about doing a lefty reissue of the original Jem, 777 lefty desert sun yellow. He emailed his contact and is waiting to hear back. Is there anyone that would 100% be in on this? I know I am, but I'm trying to gauge interest so we can possibly nudge Ibanez with some stats.

I am going on the record saying that I will put money down for this guitar right now.

If it were reasonably priced I'd be down. I'd give my left nut for a real Jem. As long as its not a $3500 reissue or some shit, I'd put money down.

Comment

If they decided they'd be willing to do a few of each color, I'd sell my house for one in the Shocking Pink.

Comment

Depending on price I would be in.

Comment

Response from Ibanez... "no chance". Seriously, fuck them. I'll have a knockoff made.

Comment

Oops, "replica"

Comment

Just curious... is this why Ibanez hates us lefties so much?

From wikipedia:

"Many Asian countries encourage or force their children to become right-handed due to cultural perceptions of bad luck associated with the left hand. In India and Indonesia, it is considered rude to eat with the left hand.[28] In a 2007 study in Taiwan, 59.3% of children studied had been forced to convert from left-handedness to right-handedness. The study took into account economic status of the children's families and found that children whose parents had less education were more likely to be forced to convert. Even among children whose parents had higher levels of education, the conversion rate was 45.7%.[38] Among naturally left-handed Japanese senior high school students, only 0.7% and 1.7% of individuals used their left hand for writing and eating, respectively,[39] though young Japanese are more likely to convert to using chopsticks right-handed than forks or spoons (29.3% to 4.6%). The proportion of females subjected to forced conversion is significantly higher compared to males (95.1% to 81.0%).[3]"

Or is just that they're straight up dicks.

Comment

Does anyone remember the company making "tribute" JEM guitars that took forever to build? I can't find it online, wtf Was it Perle? Sims? Someone else?

Comment

Ed Roman
                  Originally posted by metalchurch
                  I had my ball sack appraised one time.
                  Originally posted by metalchurch
                  ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

lol no, he's been dead for years. I was dealing with one of these guys recently, but people were warning about build times. He couldn't guarantee anything because he's so busy or something. The guitars were spec-to-spec replicas, and I want one now.

Comment

Yowza, I would have had my name on the board for one of those! Typical : ( I've been thinking of customising my 92 RG550 into one but the cost is about £1000 to get it done properly (pyramid neck from perle, bodywork for lions claw and handle, respray, headstock decal, knobs, paf pickups) I plan to use the rg550 body, pots and trem and will strip the original neck for other parts (gotoh tuners, locking nuts etc) and its still damn expensive! Would be an amazing guitar to have though and one of the closest we are going to get it seems : ( Thanks for trying Jesse! Wish I knew the name of the company!
                      Last edited by Chinchilla Lefty; 02-26-2016, 08:17 PM. Reason: annotation

Comment

that would have been really cool. I remember the dude from shotgun messiah played one as well. Cool dude weird tunes like bop city and stuff typical eighties name

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtdog View Post
                          that would have been really cool. I remember the dude from shotgun messiah played one as well. Cool dude weird tunes like bop city and stuff typical eighties name
                          Shout it out had great guitars and use of Floyd flutter

Comment

Originally posted by manini View Post
                            Just curious... is this why Ibanez hates us lefties so much?

From wikipedia:

"Many Asian countries encourage or force their children to become right-handed due to cultural perceptions of bad luck associated with the left hand. In India and Indonesia, it is considered rude to eat with the left hand.[28] In a 2007 study in Taiwan, 59.3% of children studied had been forced to convert from left-handedness to right-handedness. The study took into account economic status of the children's families and found that children whose parents had less education were more likely to be forced to convert. Even among children whose parents had higher levels of education, the conversion rate was 45.7%.[38] Among naturally left-handed Japanese senior high school students, only 0.7% and 1.7% of individuals used their left hand for writing and eating, respectively,[39] though young Japanese are more likely to convert to using chopsticks right-handed than forks or spoons (29.3% to 4.6%). The proportion of females subjected to forced conversion is significantly higher compared to males (95.1% to 81.0%).[3]"

Or is just that they're straight up dicks.
                            Well I guess it's a good thing that these stone age cultures are evolving some. They used to just kill you if you used the Sinister left hand.

"59.3% of children studied had been forced to convert from left to right handedness" that statistic is virtually meaningless. 40% voluntarily converted?
                            Last edited by Zippin44; 03-05-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                              Oops, "replica"
                              I'd be in for a good replica. Ibanez douchetards clearly aren't interested in me or my business.

Comment

Working...
                              X