Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well since Gibson won't give us a limited run, MAYBE Hamer guitars will?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since Gibson won't give us a limited run, MAYBE Hamer guitars will?!

Seriously! How many of you guys wouldn't be interested in getting your Explorer fix as an Standart XT (import) model from Hamer. The right handers run around $500 and I've not picked up an Import Hamer that wasn't a quality guitar. I'm not sure if they'll do it, but usually it requires at least 25 to be ordered for them to consider it.
    I don't know about you guys, but I think this might be our shot! We really need to get an LGT run of guitars and the these are cheap enough and rare enough to where we might actually pull this one off.

This is the guitar I'm talking about from Hamer.
    http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=400

Post your feedback and if there's enough interest, maybe we can get this going!
    Disclaimer:

I'm a loud, foul mouthed, redneck. I have no problem speaking my mind. I've made mistakes in the past and I've reconciled them. If you weren't personally involved, then shut the hell up. It's none of your business and you probably don't know the whole story anyway. Be cool w/ me and I'll return the favor. If you're a douchebag, I'll be the first to tell you.

Like me or hate me, I don't really care which.

I think with the limited runs XLG has been doing lately, and the prices on their runs, it'd be a safe bet to at least contact Dave.

Remember, Fender has this company, and they are pretty equal as far as lefty / righty models, with the exception of a few obviously so this is more plausible than Gibson since they are still trying to get out from the government raid.
    Originally posted by metalchurch
    Im all over this like a fat bitch grabbin the last slice of pizza.

Comment

I've wanted a Left handed Hamer Standard for a long time, one of my favorite guitarists is Rick Nielsen, enough said.
      I had my ball sack appraised one time.
      ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Is it because it's too damn impossible to find a Gibson Explorer? Or do you prefer Hamer over Gibson QC wise.

Comment

I am sorry to bring bad news, but Hamer is no more. Fender bought them a while back and have kept it as basically a custom shop. They decided to pull the plug last year. All those employees are now making Guild guitars...

Comment

That is probably why I saw the left handed Hamer on the web page for a couple thousand. Sucks that Fender killed them off.

Comment

Well F*#K! I knew they were acquired by FMIC. I didn't know they had killed off the import line. I will have an Explorer one day. ONE DAY DAM IT!
              Disclaimer:

I'm a loud, foul mouthed, redneck. I have no problem speaking my mind. I've made mistakes in the past and I've reconciled them. If you weren't personally involved, then shut the hell up. It's none of your business and you probably don't know the whole story anyway. Be cool w/ me and I'll return the favor. If you're a douchebag, I'll be the first to tell you.

Like me or hate me, I don't really care which.

Comment

I thought you ordered the kit though? You'll get one soon, after three years of non-stop searching...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.9 Fingers View Post
                  Seriously! How many of you guys wouldn't be interested in getting your Explorer fix as an Standart XT (import) model from Hamer. The right handers run around $500 and I've not picked up an Import Hamer that wasn't a quality guitar. I'm not sure if they'll do it, but usually it requires at least 25 to be ordered for them to consider it.
                  I don't know about you guys, but I think this might be our shot! We really need to get an LGT run of guitars and the these are cheap enough and rare enough to where we might actually pull this one off.

This is the guitar I'm talking about from Hamer.
                  http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=400

Post your feedback and if there's enough interest, maybe we can get this going!
                  http://www.southpawguitars.com/deanexpnew.html

Comment

Also forgot these from XLG:
                    http://xlguitars.com/products-page/e...eld-snakebyte/
                    http://xlguitars.com/products-page/d...e-zero-silver/

Comment

Wow, no wonder there wasn't a Hamer booth at NAMM.

Comment

I always liked KK Downing's Red Hamer V, and Glenn Tiptons Hamer GT.
                        We're non-profit.
                        Hey, are you gonna eat that?

Comment

Have you considered talking to the guy from scarred guitars about doing a run of the same model for less $?
                          Good Deals on LGT with:
                          Jesse
                          mdrorick
                          lefthandhunter
                          Mr.9 Fingers
                          theplystory
                          abadonae
                          LeftyParasite
                          Lefty6string
                          espfreak
                          IbanezGuy

Comment

Sean from Scarred Guitar is more than willing to do the run. I guess with going to a guy like him, the quality is the main unknown factor, although they are built at Samick in South Korea.

Comment

I know the import Hamers were made at the same factory in Korea that Dean and LTD guitars were made in, which I believe is the Cort factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X