Lefty ironbird body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty ironbird body

Ok...I picked up a bc rich platium series neck the other day on ebay.
    the seller was selling it and a lefty ironbird body in a seperate auction.
    i ended up with losing the bodies after i won the neck...figures right!!
    the neck is in decent shape its from checkin the bc rich forum dated
    the late 80's...

I am just wondering if i could find a place that could make me a ironbird bodies for this neck.. and i would just build a ironbird cuz they a freakin rare.

any ideas would help thanks
    GOOD DEALING WITH ARROWHEAD.

hey dude, I bet KNE guitars can do it. They made my 540pii when there was no lefty. I'd contact them, I think the guys name is Mitch. Do you have a pic of the neck? If it is the same as my white warlock, its underrated and pretty comfortable.

From what I understand, you get a birds eye picture of the guitar as clear as possible. Enlarge the picture until the neck pocket is the correct size...then just flip it. That's how mine was done...

Comment

I will contact them..and see...Thanks! That would be sweet if they could do it. Really would love to have a ironbird.

Yeah the neck is different then any of my other bc rich's the headstock is
      pointy but bigger then my st iii...I want to say it from the late eighties.

86-87

Comment

picccsssss

Comment

bc rich headstock 001.jpg here's a pic.

Comment

top one its the one from the ironbird.

bottom is for my st

Comment

crazy how much leeway they gave the guys when they made these things, there are so many subtle variations...kinda cool.

It is going to look bad ass when you are done, can't wait...any color scheme in mind?

Comment

well.......any other guitar builders.... kne, wants starting price $325 to make a body...shit!

Comment

You're not going to get a body on the cheap unless you find a place similar to Warmoth where they CNC them in batches. Warmoth themselves don't offer the Ironbird shape, and I don't think the body blank they offer (which you can get with all the controls/cavities pre-routed) is long enough for it.

What you COULD do though, is shoot them an email and ask them if either a) they'll do it for you, which is unlikely, or b) could you purchase a larger pre-routed blank. Then you could take this:

Get it printed off so it's 1:1 with a real Ironbird body (find an owner and get them to measure/give you angles) line it up with your blank, stick it down, cut to shape and then you just have to sand the bevels and any contouring on the back out (easy enough to find pics).

If that's too daunting, there's guys on here that have made bodies, why not ask one of them?

Comment

Yeah, I'd like a nice square guitar that says "guitar.com.au"

(where's that side-poking-smiley when you need it?)
                    va' sa' du? va' hete' du?
                    Originally posted by chilton
                    Unfortunately I've got all the guitars I need at the moment.
                    www.dutchcassidy.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice pauly..I think i will check around to see if anyone else
                      would do it...If not i will see if i can find a template to cut it from a blank.

Comment

Working...
                      X