Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed.

Ok, I need a practise workhorse guitar at a reasonable price.

Since I love Wizard necks, I concluded that what I need is a 90's Ibanez
    model. Hmmm.

I don't want any korean RG470 so I will look for an RG5something..

But what is the difference between an RG550, an RG560 or an RG570?
    And how would you compare them to an RG1570 prestige?

Thanks
    Last edited by Cotsulas; 12-16-2009, 03:15 PM. Reason: Extras
    "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Mexican Strats

My Mexican Strat is pretty good. A lot better than a Squier Strat.

And if you are looking for an acoustic, Art and Lutherie is inexpensive, but pretty nicely built (as is Seagull, it's big brother).

Comment

I'll +1 on the MIM stats. They play better than mu USA strat.

joe...

Comment

You can't go wrong with a 90's Ibanez RG5xx. They are all basically the same, just different pickup and routing combinations. For looks, I prefer the 550 (plus some had a sweet maple fretboard). Sound-wise, I prefer the 560 because I think a single coil in the neck is best. They have amazing necks, good hardware, awesome stock pickups. Go for it.

Comment

I like my Ibanez RG370DXL, can't go wrong for the money.
          Customize your profile header http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/p...do=editprofile

Comment

There was one RG550 for sale at www.12fret.com, I was short of cash at the time and now it is sold. It had a maple neck. I'll search for something close to that. (BTW I hope that RG550 was bought by someone from this site because it was absolutely beautiful)

Anyway thanks a million guys.
            "NO, I don't build left handed guitars! I think left handed people are freaks and should not even play the guitar."

Words by a famous luthier when asked by me for a custom left handed instrument quote.

"Great man, you are brilliant! So your stupid ass thinks that Hendrix should have never played the guitar?!"

My reply.

Comment

they made the rg470 in japan for awhile, i had one and it was definitely a workhorse guitar
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              I had my ball sack appraised one time.
              Originally posted by metalchurch
              ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Comment

Working...
              X