Satch or Vai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satch or Vai?

Anbody planning or hoping to pick up one of the new Ibanez lefty Vai or Satch models?

If you were getting one, which would you get?

I would love to, but the price is exhorbant. I'd want to play both, as I don't know how a radius body feels...looks really comfortable though.

If it was an original Jem re-issue with the pyramid inlays and pink/yellow/green it wouldn't even be a close decision, though

Comment

Wow when did they announce this?

I'd kill for a JS series lefty guitar but I am defiantly not willing to pay the massive prices they no doubt-ably are I mean a JS100 here in NZ is $2600 still.

Anyone got a price tag for me?
      Guitaring in a non guitaring land

Comment

Jem = 3999.99 USD.
        JS = 2,799.99 USD.

What planet do they live on? I suppose since these are a one-off limited run they think they can charge that, but still, you could get someone to build you an exact copy of either guitar for like half the price. Perhaps ET guitars? http://www.etguitars.com/gallery.htm

Comment

Yeah $4k is pretty steep. Yeah it's got some nice upgrades but I just can't justify it. At $2k, well then, I might be inclined.

joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Jem = 3999.99 USD.
            JS = 2,799.99 USD.

What planet do they live on? I suppose since these are a one-off limited run they think they can charge that, but still, you could get someone to build you an exact copy of either guitar for like half the price. Perhaps ET guitars? http://www.etguitars.com/gallery.htm
            Wow, the ET guitars are out of this world!

They look great. Does anyone here own one?

Comment

Don't think so but a few on SS.org have them. He does very nice work, prices aren't bad either as you can see!
              Last edited by Pauly; 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPunk View Post
                Yeah $4k is pretty steep. Yeah it's got some nice upgrades but I just can't justify it. At $2k, well then, I might be inclined.

joe...
                Yeah, I mean take your typical RG1570. Replace stock pickups with DiMarzio Evos, add monkey grip, add lions claw trem route, add vine of life inlay, change hardware colour to told, paint to white, scallop frets 21-24.

New 1527 = 1000USD
                Jem = 4000USD

Not sure where the $3000 is coming from!

Basically, that's a lot of money for what is an RG with a nice inlay and some extra woodwork.

Comment

Rich just sent my JS to a friend in US.
                  As soon as he come back to France (end of year), I got mine.

I prefer take the JS cause I got my dna clone

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Yeah, I mean take your typical RG1570. Replace stock pickups with DiMarzio Evos, add monkey grip, add lions claw trem route, add vine of life inlay, change hardware colour to told, paint to white, scallop frets 21-24.
                    that's what I did, just replace the white for a swirl , and a vine of life inlay for a dna abalone inlay.

Comment

Originally posted by groove87 View Post
                      Rich just sent my JS to a friend in US.
                      As soon as he come back to France (end of year), I got mine.

I prefer take the JS cause I got my dna clone
                      Sweet! Christmas pics. I always loved the Radius/JS bodyshape, I might have to get someone to build me a 24 fret JS at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by groove87 View Post
                        that's what I did, just replace the white for a swirl , and a vine of life inlay for a dna abalone inlay.
                        Sick, did you post pics of that? The 1570 is a great modding guitar because it's not too expensive to put you off paying more to swap the pickups/change the paint e.t.c but not so cheap you don't feel like you're trying to polish a turd.

I'm kinda sick of RG-shaped guitars though, got 2 already (Ibby and my Feline) and a swamp ash Jem 7 string body laying about, which would make 3, so future guitars are going to need some different shapes!

Blackdroid V would be nice, along with something from Oni... something from Roter... yeah I need to win the lottery.

Comment

As soon as I got time, I 'll make better pics
                          With flash, color are more fade
                          Inscription on the 24 is the name of my daughter

Last edited by groove87; 11-07-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I've always wanted a JS. It just looks sleek and fast too me. But the price is very prohibitive. If I stumble on a used one and happen to have some extra$ I would probably pull the trigger. I just prefer Satch over Vai as players. Satch has more of a bluesy edge to him and sounds more "human". Vai just makes me wanna throw my guitar in the trash, cause I could never do all that stuff!!

Comment

Hey, here's the Radius spec sheet. Flip it and then shop about with various luthiers to find someone who'll give you a quality replica for a good price. It'll work out cheaper than the real thing and play better!

Comment

Working...
                              X